corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Pioneer headunit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pioneer headunit
barry_kellett99

User status: Offline
10th Nov 03 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Pioneer head unit has left and right cables coming out the back, so i plugged a hifi connection cable into it. The cable connects to the headphone socket of the MP3/cd/cassette Player and then connects to the left and right connectors of the 'line in' socket on the back of the head unit, but when i hook it up and play the connected device it plays over the top of the cd playing or radio playing and doesnt pick the device up as a new source.
There is also a seperate, but close by, black cable and small plug coming out... I assume this is needed to pick up a new source? or is it a power supply to a cd changer?

Can anyone let me know how to get a new source on the stereo!
Greasemonkey

10th Nov 03 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its should be AUX thats another external source, look for that function?????
barry_kellett99

10th Nov 03 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just a source button that flicks between them
Greasemonkey

10th Nov 03 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i remember rightly the AUX facility is not in the source menu , i got a pioneer head unit too, i am sure it is some where else, try pressing and holding a few buttons this brings up extra options some times
barry_kellett99

10th Nov 03 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, Cheers!
Scotty_B

10th Nov 03 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the 8400 model and you hve to turn the unit off by holding down the Source button. Then once off hold down the function button and the menu will appear, keep pressing the function button until the AUX menu is flashing.
barry_kellett99

10th Nov 03 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ta, I never got a manual with mine and i never knew how to access the menu for the unit... Il try this later. Do you know how to activate the CD Text? If i burn a cd with cd text on, it still displays nothing on the title, track etc
Greasemonkey

10th Nov 03 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine does that mate, dont mater if ya write the track names on they never apperar, mot sure how it is done i think one of my eminem cd does it though.
Just type it in your self on the headunit then next time you put the cd in it remembers it
Scotty_B

10th Nov 03 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will only display text if the CD originally has CD text or if you burn the songs as MP3s or WMAs.
barry_kellett99

11th Nov 03 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
I have the 8400 model and you hve to turn the unit off by holding down the Source button. Then once off hold down the function button and the menu will appear, keep pressing the function button until the AUX menu is flashing.

I did this last night and was able to access the menu, and turn the AUX on. However, when i play the external audio source, it plays over the top of the cd playing or the radio if i have the source set to either of them.

Why is this?

Do i need one of these here IP-Bus - RCA Interconnector CD-RB20 Jobbies? Or are they only for using an External source AND a cd Changer.

ALso, does this mean I can plug a cd changer into my headunit (A pioneer one presumably) and it will work? Are there options on the headunit for flicking between cds etc?

Thanks.

New Poll