corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 0-60 time for a 1.2 8v corsa b?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 0-60 time for a 1.2 8v corsa b?
sneddz

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 03 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its all i can afford to insure with the mods!
Andyrs1800

2nd Dec 03 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea was same with me, 1.2i 8v nova spin, Its just that its probs a first car and really not gonna be quick, not gonna be affected by mods really, all your gonna get is a bit of noise from engine, and the exhaust will probz slow it down more than anythin,
Save your cash up and spend it on your next car..
Cybermonkey

2nd Dec 03 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Listen, its as slow as anything else on the road, but you have advantages. Cheap insurance, excellent MPG, cheap tax etc etc. Not forgetting it will probably never break down on you. The 12NZ/SZ engines are bulletproof, and were designed to last. Keep it in good condition until you can afford to rip it out and stick something better in.

Dave
vibrio
Banned

2nd Dec 03 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB

Induction kits reduce power on these cars, and exhausts do nothing

10s
Cybermonkey

2nd Dec 03 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by MattyB

Induction kits reduce power on these cars, and exhausts do nothing

10s

Controversial
Makarus

2nd Dec 03 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 1.2 8V, now it is slow no doubting it. 18 seconds, dunno if its right, timed it myself using a stop watch and got around 15 but then again me using a stop watch aint the most accurate thing

But think, how often is it that you challenge someone up to 60 in a straight line?? Not much round my end anyway, all twists and turns out of town, so I concentrated on handling and learning the roads.

I have never been beaten by a 1.2 8v, yet I have beaten different ones now.

I have quite a lit of cars that I have beaten, car that I know for certain the driver is pushing hard because he wants to beat me, and these are cars that should be raping me.

Learn your local roads and get handling sorted ona 1.2 8v and you have a slight advantage over others that could work in your favour.

But remember they are slow as shit, they aint gonna be quick in all the time you keep that engine in the car, so just make do and save up for either a different engine or different car.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 0-60 time for a 1.2 8v corsa b? 23 database queries in 0.1971898 seconds