corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » test drives?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author test drives?
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
14th Dec 03 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u wanna test drive a car du have to be a certain age or nefing?
nik

14th Dec 03 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what car and company I would imagine
Neshol

14th Dec 03 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't have to, ford let me drove a 2.5 V6 jst after I had passed. Saying that, my mate wasnt allowed to drive the new mini, dunno what the age limit was. Most garages have hardcore insurance anyway..
koolkorsa

14th Dec 03 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spose i just gotta convince them i actually am interested in buying the car!
SXi_Tim

14th Dec 03 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work at a vw dealership, and under 25s arent alowed to drive anything over a 1.6, not exactly stuck to though
nik

14th Dec 03 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't allowed to test drive the Evo - I think most garages will be reluctant to let anyone under 25 test drive any performance car. Can't see there being a problem with a 1000 or 1200cc etc?
Neshol

14th Dec 03 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch. Yeah you have to make it look pretty convincing that you are genuinely interested before they use their time taking u for a test drive, whatever age u are!
SXi_Tim

14th Dec 03 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think if they know you are really serious about buying a car then they will let you drive most things
nik

14th Dec 03 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most depends on insurance though no matter if your serious or not..Imagine what a Ferrari dealerships premium would be if they let 17yr olds out on test runs
Mistamist

14th Dec 03 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the majority of dealership's salesmen are covered to let other people testdrive cars, but any good salesman will question whether you have a licence and will take a copy of it. i personally know its pretty easy to work out if someone is genuine about buying a car but there are a ffew that are quite believable. i used to let them drive the car around for like 10 mins, then i took over and shoowed them how to drive them properly (Product knowledge courses + Couple of bevvies = Race car driver out on track)

they then usually get out of the car wanting one or they wanna ggo home to talk to the missus (you know they are bullshittting)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » test drives? 23 database queries in 0.2451880 seconds