corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » gsi problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gsi problem
dixon

User status: Offline
29th Dec 03 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car sits on 1,500 - 2,300 revs at trafic lights and when i change gear ive changed the idle controle valve that dident work i know my air flow mass meter is fucked trhought but that wont have any think to do with it do u think ? i think it might be the egr valve what do u think let me know
Cybermonkey

29th Dec 03 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have C16XE could be air flow mass meter since it dont have EGR valve. Opposite for X16XE
luca2020

29th Dec 03 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol oh dear, i spent 100s on my engine trying to fix it, it could be a number of things

mine turned out to be after days down a vauxhall main agent to be the short wiring harnes, it was feeding my ecu wrong information, which in turn sent out wrong information making the engine idol anywhere between 1200 and 3500rpm, and then keep going up and down

either find the problem by doing the paper clip test on the ecu

failing that send it down to a proper vauxhall main agent and leave it with them, they shouldent charge for trying to find the fault, just the part and labour to fit when they do

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by luca2020]

New Poll