corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » my bad news

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my bad news
mooseboy

User status: Offline
   29th Dec 03 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

today i got my letter through the post saying "dear sir, this letter is to inform you from the date above you have 5 days remaining on your driving licence from which it will be revoked".

fair enough just been driving a month under 2 years and 6 points are plasted nicely by the DVLA on my licence. Does anyone else think that this 6 point lark is bit harsh...not only that...first offence was 48 in a 40 (dual carrage way) and 36 in a 30. so petty, especailly when i job depends on it. I mean what are the DVLA going to get out of this apart from the money doing to them for fine and re-aplication of licence, the goverment will loose out more because there'll have to pay me my dole money at this rate. I'll be apart of another statistic by the looks of things. And they'll loose out on road tax and the amout of tax we pay on fuel that i use a week.

Thanx alot DVLA....B*stards
big eck

30th Dec 03 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That 2yrs thing is fukin shit m8, I'm suprised they done you for the 36 in a 30 though.

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by big eck]
PaulW

30th Dec 03 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was let off for doing 42 in a 30 zone before though... but was in a rush & cops understood reason... which was nice for a change
mooseboy

30th Dec 03 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice to see everyone else gets off with this and i get screwed by a fat guy with sores on his face.
Ally

30th Dec 03 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

... maybe you should just stick to the speed limits.
m-dot

30th Dec 03 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, agree with ally, how can you argue and get upset when you broke the law? dont mean to sound gay or nothin but you could have been speeding, skidded on ice and killed somebody...

nodbodys fault but your own... but im sorry you lost ya license, unlucky
Ally

30th Dec 03 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speed limits are there for a reason. I know we all do it sometimes (erm ... *cough* well....) but at the end of the day, this will probably make you think twice before you go that little bit faster

Sorry u lost ya license mate, but shit happens.
vibrio
Banned

30th Dec 03 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it appear I am having adverse affects on Ally. maybe we should stop chatting
PaulW

30th Dec 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mooseboy
nice to see everyone else gets off with this and i get screwed by a fat guy with sores on his face.

yes but when you have your mother in the passenger seat, brother in back seat, going to hospital as your grandad has had a heart attack from which he never cam out of hospital again because of it, i don't think the police would really want to hold us up.
Leo

30th Dec 03 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Craig6682

30th Dec 03 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
i was let off for doing 42 in a 30 zone before though... but was in a rush & cops understood reason... which was nice for a change

42 in a 30. If that was my Granddad i would have been doing 90 MPH (as fast as my car goes).

I do see peoples point of not speeding though. The rules are there for a reason !!!

When i first started driving (after passing my test) i stuck to the limits for about a month, now i find myself driving everywhere at 40. It's hard to stick to the limit, especially when other cars are going faster than you are.

Those cameras don't even work right. They flash when you go through them at 25 sometimes. I've been flashed 3 times in a week (off different cameras) going through them at 25. And it's not the car either as each time i was in a different car. I haven't had nothing through the post so...
Wolfy

31st Dec 03 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
... maybe you should just stick to the speed limits.

urm...... yea
Patrick

31st Dec 03 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been driving for nearly 5 years and I've never had a single point on my license.

I certainly wouldn't want a new, inexperienced driver tearing around the streets so personally believe the 2 year rule to be a good one.

Sorry.
big eck

31st Dec 03 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For all of yous people that say stick to the speed limits stop talkin shit, there is no way that you've all kept to the speed limits its just that you've been lucky enough not to have been caught.
J da Silva

31st Dec 03 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry about the license revoke mate but here's a few things u should think about

-why is the dual carriageway where u got caught a 40limit?

maybe its because you shouldnt go over 40

-Why was the 30mph road u got caught on a 30limit?

yet again could it be down to the fact that you shouldnt d over 30mph?

at the end of the day buddy the streets,A roads,motorways etc are for driving safely to get to the place you want

race tracks,hiring out a track for the day,drag strips etc are for fucking about in the motors and testing how much power u have

but i know your gutted mate, so have a beer for corsasport later on
J da Silva

31st Dec 03 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
For all of yous people that say stick to the speed limits stop talkin shit, there is no way that you've all kept to the speed limits its just that you've been lucky enough not to have been caught.

not talking shit mate. my mate got killed coz someone was doing 37 on a 30 road, and i witnessed it happening, kinda makes you realise why speed limits are there mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » my bad news 23 database queries in 0.0101628 seconds