corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » a letter from my family in SA

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author a letter from my family in SA
AK

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 04 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:1

sounds fun

Our pooch Kelpie (40% Dobermann, 40% rat and 40% mole) is doing well. We have had several complaints from our neighbours about her barking. Apparently she only barks when we are out so it was news to us. Anyway, she seems to be settling down, at last, and is actually quite obedient, but still tries all the best dog tricks when you are not looking. Last week Dougie wanted to keep a complete Impala skull so we had to mush up the brains and wash them out with a hose, boy she enjoyed that stuff. Lucky Karen wasn't there to witness it. We now have 7 pets, a dog, 2 guinea pigs, 3 snakes and a budgie! Also Dougie has apparently negotiated a Ridgeback puppy early next year from a guy at a party!
Dougie has started to shoot and said that we wanted to shoot a buck this year. So we went to the Free State, near Bethlehem and went for a Blesbok (80 kg), however, when he had the buck lined up he couldn't shoot because the animal was moving slightly and he had only shot at stationary targets. He said he was too nervous to

feckin 'ell!!!

got a pic of the car too... will upload in a jiffy
AK

2nd Jan 04 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CANT EDIT....so posted again!!! missed most of the interesting bit

sounds fun

Our pooch Kelpie (40% Dobermann, 40% rat and 40% mole) is doing well. We have had several complaints from our neighbours about her barking. Apparently she only barks when we are out so it was news to us. Anyway, she seems to be settling down, at last, and is actually quite obedient, but still tries all the best dog tricks when you are not looking. Last week Dougie wanted to keep a complete Impala skull so we had to mush up the brains and wash them out with a hose, boy she enjoyed that stuff. Lucky Karen wasn't there to witness it. We now have 7 pets, a dog, 2 guinea pigs, 3 snakes and a budgie! Also Dougie has apparently negotiated a Ridgeback puppy early next year from a guy at a party!
Dougie has started to shoot and said that we wanted to shoot a buck this year. So we went to the Free State, near Bethlehem and went for a Blesbok (80 kg), however, when he had the buck lined up he couldn't shoot because the animal was moving slightly and he had only shot at stationary targets. He said he was too nervous to shoot. I was worried that he was trying to impress me but I was pleased that he was confident to say that he couldn't shoot. Ali came on his first "proper" hunting trip this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was his first trip away from mum and he survived! We have just come back from a bush trip for Ali's birthday where we had a 1000 Ha farm to ourselves except a tracker and a "camp boy" Naftan, who kept everything so neat and tidy that I am thinking of trading karen in...!.
In the middle of the year we bought a new vehicle, they are called bakkies here but in America they are called pick-up trucks. I was promptly relieved of it at gunpoint a month later. That was fairly harrowing especially since the boys and a student were with me. Thankfully there were no injuries. The boys seem to have passed it off, although I took Dougie to see a psychologist and he had a great time with guy! As he left he said to the psychologist "Do you know you are quite good at your job". The psyche says "and what is that". Doug says "getting people to talk"! The story is a bit involved but three people were killed. One person as they sped off through a township, the other by a drug lord who didn't like the dented bakkie and the other by the Police. The guy that had the gun at my head was shot through the eye and was blinded. They never recovered the vehicle despite satellite tracking. (One ANNOYED insurance company. One payment from me and then I get a new car.) I went to identify the hijackers in an identity parade and I had to go into a big cell with about 20 guys, and actually touch them on the shoulder and say "this is one". I was probably more shaken by that than the hijacking. No such thing as a two way mirror. As my Afrikaaner friend says, Africa is tough.
However, the end of the year has been a bit kinder in that I got an award for "Excellence in Teaching" and was presented with it at a graduation ceremony. I also got promotion to Associate Professor.

feckin 'ell!!!

got a pic of the car too... will upload in a jiffy
AK

2nd Jan 04 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phil321

2nd Jan 04 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feck that! Must be crazy living out there.
Dan B

2nd Jan 04 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite crazy, considering (from memory) it's legal to have custom-built flamethrowers fitted underneath your car to protect against carjackers...
mk4_astra

2nd Jan 04 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

johanassburg(spelling) is a well scary place to live, worked with a few SA's and they were telling me how you can by guns in supermarkets and if you shoot some1 and they were armed at the time it wont even go 2 court!!
Lucky B

2nd Jan 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought they were in India.
AK

2nd Jan 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats my mun and dad.... this is my dads Bro.... the guy with the dead Impala thingy
Daimo B

2nd Jan 04 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

South Africians are complete head cases's. Also worked with lots of SA's and they have all been nutters. ALl had/got guns, all the shootings, ram raidings, car jackings etc.
AK

4th Jan 04 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got another email... This time from my ex, Gemma.

'Got mugged on boxing day, the fucker.... about 100quid, mini disc player,
all my irreplaceable, beloved mini discs, all my irreplaceable undeveloped
films from the last few months. Pretty gutted, but hey, these things happen.
I can't complain with the amazing time I've been having.'

She is in Cape Town for a few months visiting her father.

Fuckin lovely place
DanielJ

4th Jan 04 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fck that 4 a laugh
CORSA NUT

4th Jan 04 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the same van for work

Sounds like a crazy ass place that though
groom

4th Jan 04 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely thats not real
AK

4th Jan 04 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats not real?

mav

4th Jan 04 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havin a wicked time
deanmcreynolds26

4th Jan 04 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to live their what a country!! but 2 many people gettin killed for their cars!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » a letter from my family in SA 23 database queries in 0.0172811 seconds