corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » erm..ok so whats happening here

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author erm..ok so whats happening here
dav3h

User status: Offline
14th Jan 04 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drove my car into my local garage last night, wanting a CV inner boot doing, and an MOT. goes down to collect it and great sailed though the MOT. got my certificate and drove out of the premises. 20 yards down the road, the traffic lights i was stopped at turn green, i put it in first n let out the clutch ...................and gradually start to roll backwards

they then tell me that my diff is goosed, but suprisingly they havent caused it? bearing in mind they have taken the driveshaft out of the box to repair the inner cv gaiter. wtttfffff. anyone care to shed some light on this one? because i dont know what the hell to think

J da Silva

14th Jan 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never their fault
PaulW

14th Jan 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they passed it through the mot, you can claim against the test, report them to whoever & also just say it went in for a new inner CV boot, and not more than 20yards down the road it just died...

even if the diff goes, you should still get drive to one of the wheels, it is there fault, take em to the cleaners!
Adam-D

14th Jan 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tel em it was fine whbefor eit went in they broke it they can fix it
mention citezens advice,
trading stanards
MattyB

14th Jan 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
if they passed it through the mot, you can claim against the test, report them to whoever & also just say it went in for a new inner CV boot, and not more than 20yards down the road it just died...

even if the diff goes, you should still get drive to one of the wheels, it is there fault, take em to the cleaners!

No you wont, FWD car use a slip diff, which means power automatically goes to the wheel with the least resistance, meaning that all it happening, is the join within the diff is spinning on that side.

Matt
dav3h

14th Jan 04 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it possible that the diff was ready to fail before, and removing the driveshaft just allowed everything to collapse?
PaulW

14th Jan 04 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

No you wont, FWD car use a slip diff, which means power automatically goes to the wheel with the least resistance, meaning that all it happening, is the join within the diff is spinning on that side.

Matt

maybe it was cos my gearbox was fudged too i duno but i needed a new box & dif as they were both fooked, yet it still drove, just never in 3rd or 5th
MattyB

14th Jan 04 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon that was more gear box mate, coz once drive shaft goes, you go no drive at all.....

but they are part + parcel. ie: my brother had his pug driveshaft done, and 2 weeks later, his gear box failed....

Matt
PaulW

14th Jan 04 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reckon they fudged the box putting the shafts back in?
dav3h

14th Jan 04 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so where do i stand now? shall i say that i want them to take my car to pieces again and check that they have done the job correctly? or tell them that iam going to get an AA inspection, and find out if the box has failed due to either normal wear and tear or the garages neglacence?
dav3h

14th Jan 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help....anyone
PaulW

14th Jan 04 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like said up above

mention to the garage citizenz advice & trading standards

also just say your going to get an independant(sp) inspection on the car, focussing around the components which failed to see if it is due to what the garage did or if it was normal wear n tear

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » erm..ok so whats happening here 23 database queries in 0.0499010 seconds