corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO - BMX riders...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO - BMX riders...
TOMAS

User status: Offline
21st Jan 04 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi just wanting some advice as to how to go about selling my old BMX. I retired from the sport about 2 years ago, just before that I bought myself a brand new bike which I custom built. Just wondering what the value of this would be nowadays? Here's the spec, it has been advertised locally and in Ride for £375ono as its BARELY ridden and in VERY good condition but has had NO interest!

Volume Compton Frame (white)
S&M ditchforks with seperate peg bosses (black)
G Sport rear 14mm Homer Hub and regular style 10mm sealed front hub.
Sun 48sp BFR rims with Primo rubber
Primo 3pc cranks with 8mm think kink copy chainring & Primo tenderiser pedals
Primo Casket stem and PIG headset
Primo Moustache bars
Primo post/clamp/padded seat
AD 990 rear brake
T1 alu/steel pegs

Do you think this would be worth £375 or is it too high. It cost me about £800+ to build as I had one of the FIRST Compton frames in the country but have since found that they dropped in price BIG TIME?

Cheers, p.s would anyone swap it for a good mountain bike/Corsa goodies?
Kris TD

21st Jan 04 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bmx's go for poo money nowadays, mate tried selling his gt pro performer and the highest offer he got was 50 quid and that cost him 400 when he got it.
TOMAS

21st Jan 04 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh the old Performer, my first BMX back in the days! Yeah, but that was a 'factory' bike. Mines custom built with some top-end bits or be it a couple of years ago's top end! Cheers
sfxer

21st Jan 04 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe 300,

hard to say really.

im into flatland, how come u quit riding?
Graham

21st Jan 04 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u got ad990 on there they aint nutin compared to a set of magura, arh but in the back. probably bout 300 tho.
TOMAS

21st Jan 04 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No BELIEVE me you dont want Magura's on a BMX! Their are guys out their that can do all the tricks brakeless, unless somehow in the past two years people have strangely got into fitting these? In BMX you need to feather the brake for some stuff, not lock-on/off like Trials...

I quit because I gave myself a hernia learning footplants over a volcano and wallride. Walking/limping around with nads the size of large oranges for over a year isnt fun! Their was no way I was going to try and ride a bike, just too uncomfy!
Anyhow im fully fixed now, scars almost completely gone but in that year I put on two stone, got WAAAY out of shape and got into other hobbies - cars etc. Spend a lot of time with girlfriend and at work too so it just doesnt fit my lifestyle.

Shame really. I'd been riding serious since 12 years old, never seen off a bike! Never got round to the dream roadtrip that we planned for summer 2002 .

Well if possible i'd like to get back into Mountain Biking where it all began for me, get back into shape and then maybe, just maybe i'll be riding the miniramp/spine on BMX once again So if any Mountain bikers (cross-county) fancy a swap or P/X for a 'Mex' let me know

[Edited on 21-01-2004 by TOMAS]
TOMAS

21st Jan 04 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah and if anyone wants the reg plate - T1 BMX let me know its going for £400ish. P.S for those of you that dont know, Terrible One is a U.S BMX company and their logo is "T1"

sfxer

21st Jan 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt mind that reg man!!!!!! i got my eye on the t1 barcode
TOMAS

21st Jan 04 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted it for myself, my name being Tom and I loved BMXing, T1 being a BMX company - it would be PUUURFEK!
casper_ac

21st Jan 04 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres me thinkin this was a car website!
Mistamist

21st Jan 04 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a mountain bike you may be interested in, its a CBR ill get modle for ya later, hardly been ridden.
Keeley

21st Jan 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
bmx's go for poo money nowadays, mate tried selling his gt pro performer and the highest offer he got was 50 quid and that cost him 400 when he got it.

no shit my fella and his bro are really into bmxing his bro's one bmx is worth £1500 but if he was sellin wud get jack shit my fella his selling his bmx only been offered £200 its worth bout.... £500 - £600 very most
Colin.S

21st Jan 04 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
I wanted it for myself, my name being Tom and I loved BMXing, T1 being a BMX company - it would be PUUURFEK!

I saw BMX 8OY at a bike shop near me (custom riders), I cant remember what car it was on tho.
Corsa Sport Gav

22nd Jan 04 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres mine

Corsa Sport Gav

22nd Jan 04 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by casper_ac
theres me thinkin this was a car website!

well if u read it sez General chat!! for general things... if it sed general car chat thn fair enu, but it dusnt so stop winjin
Corsa Sport Gav

22nd Jan 04 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
No BELIEVE me you dont want Magura's on a BMX! Their are guys out their that can do all the tricks brakeless, unless somehow in the past two years people have strangely got into fitting these?

and plus, they wudnt fit on the the breake bosses cos they are shorter than MTB ones, the onli way is to either get nu ones welded on or u can buy an adapoter tht goes on to the rear triangles, but i know speshilized (sp) made a bmx with Disc breaks lol

[Edited on 22-01-2004 by Punto_Gav]
A1EX

22nd Jan 04 at 04:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be interested as im building my own bmx at the moment but my younger bro is proper into it so ill ask him if youre bike is worth the dosh
Keeley

22nd Jan 04 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill get some piccies up of my bf's and his bros
TOMAS

22nd Jan 04 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well as I said IF anyone is interested i'd like to know. I just really want to see it go to a good home where it will get some good use and I hope it will bring other people as much fun as I used to have in the sport. Getting some of the £800+ I forked out on it would be quite nice too...
Keeley

22nd Jan 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

listen TOMAS my boyfriend has just been looking at what you've put about the bike hes said you will be lucky to get £300 mate there shit for selling atm
Corsa Sport Gav

22nd Jan 04 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u might get more on ebay m8, also try bmx forums, try http://www.streetphire.co.uk
TOMAS

23rd Jan 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers then. Its a bummer how much these things depreciate, even in mint condition. Oh well i'll lower it to £320 ono and see if anyone is interested. I think I will be best finding someone who wants to swap for a MTB as thats what i'd want, probably get more value in a swap also...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO - BMX riders... 23 database queries in 0.0262489 seconds