corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » abs light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author abs light
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 04 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my abs light on my corsa gsi comes on every now and again. it sometimes goes off if i turn ignition off and on again. ive just fitted new disks and pads. any ideas?
LukeGSi

23rd Jan 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top up the fluid mate, same happened to me!!
Big Col

23rd Jan 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it means the ABS ECU has detected a problem with the ABS system and has switched off the ABS leaving you with normal brakes.

By switching on and back off you are resetting the system. I suggest cleaning and checking the connections to the sensors at each wheel. Also check the condition of the toothed ring at each wheel.

Big Col

23rd Jan 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btw topping up the fluid (i assume he means brake fluid) will have no effect on the ABS light.

New Poll