corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » removal of the egr system...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author removal of the egr system...
essexracer

User status: Offline
25th Jan 04 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am thinkin of removing my egr system, as i dont think i need it (i have a de cat pipe) and also it looks shit in the engine bay (makin it cluttered) id rather not have it

is it just a case of removin all the pipes and the motor and blockin up where all the pipes connect?

also will the engine management light come on if the egr system is removed?

should i just leave it or is it a worth while mod removin it? i mean will the car run better?

cheers,
james
James R

25th Jan 04 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the secondy air pump set up, not egr. you can remopve it all and make a plate to cover over the hole in the manifold, use the little gasket, presto. you can take the resitance of the motor when it's runngin and put a resistor in place.
James
essexracer

25th Jan 04 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry can u explain that again... and with everything i need to know step by step

cheers james

james
James R

25th Jan 04 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

msn is all16inchs@hotmail.com
easier to chat

New Poll