corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » No Gears - Hmmmmmm!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No Gears - Hmmmmmm!
ScottyBrum

User status: Offline
   17th Feb 04 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right to cut a long story short, I have a 2l 16v turbo in my corsa with f28 gearbox. Last week the engine mount casting on the drivers side fractured and as a result of the casting shattering the engine mounting damper bust too. So the engine was lying at a funny angle in the engine bay which after me trying to get home finally came to rest with the alternator resting on the inner wing. Just before the engine finally resting against the wing the gears stopped working, i can select all gears but when i let the clutch out i move no where, so it's like its not in gear even tho it's selected So just wondering if anyone can think as a result of the engine being at a STUPID angle what could it have done to cause the gears not to work Any advice on what to look at first would be a help rather than go round in circles when i get home from work tomorrow. The engine mount is fixed now by the way just need to sort gears
Adam-D

17th Feb 04 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could have pulled the gear tube forwards so its not actually getting a gear

or bent the selectors in some way
OzzySRi

18th Feb 04 at 06:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldve got it towed instead of driving it
Siberia

18th Feb 04 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine sitting a a funny angle means that the drive shafts would have been twisted while u were driving so id be looking at he diff i would think

dont mean to be smart but ya really shouldnt have kept going with it

New Poll