corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wanting to spray some interior bits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wanting to spray some interior bits
joeglow

User status: Offline
4th Mar 04 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking to spray the door pocket things, handles, the bit that goes around the wing mirror ajuster and a few other bits. As i want a smooth finish should i rub the plastic down instead of just spraying the bits. Any done this to their corsa, any help appreciated, step by step guide would be nice. Thanks.
Corsa E-Tec

4th Mar 04 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the middleof doing my engine cover.

Just clean the parts you are spraying, get some wet and dry sand paper around 400 grit (from halfords) and sand them down, then use some 800-1200 grit to get it ultra smooth,clean them and then prime.

after priming you can use the 1200 grit again to get it even more smooth, clean them with a dampcloth to get rid of dust and then a couple of layers of paint and lacquer.

i hope this helps Corsa E-Tec
the_legend_of_yrag

4th Mar 04 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes a whole lot of difference to the inside of your car, just sand each part down so it's smooth wash it under water, dry it,

then apply the primer sand it then apply a bit more, then do the same with the paint so it covers the whole surface and is smooth, then leave over night and the next day put some laquare on to protect the finish, leave this for a day so you dont get finger prints on it

New Poll