corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone getting corsasport emails with viruses????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone getting corsasport emails with viruses????
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
5th Mar 04 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hs anyone been getting corsasport emails, I keep getting them from ian and other various people but when they are scanned they all have viruses that say something like this

Scan result: Virus "W32.Netsky.D@mm" found.
The file attached to this message was infected with a virus that we were unable to clean. You can not download this attachment.

What the hell is it please help...
diddon

5th Mar 04 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't download it what ever you do, just delete them
Karnage Corsa

5th Mar 04 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do mate but its really starting to annoy me I have got 3 today already and I must have had 6 yesterday
diddon

5th Mar 04 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know mate I'm getting them to
Noonster

5th Mar 04 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah im getting loads of them - its really starting to p*ss me off now
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Mar 04 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've already replied by u2u but for the purpose of this post:

The sender and recipient address are spoofed. It only needs the two addresses (ie. mine and yours) in the addrsess book of an infected computer and the mail could end up looking like its from me to someone. I also receive them looking like they're from other CS users but of course not only are they scanned before it arrives, I also delete them knowing that they're from an intermediary infected machine which is beyond our control.

It is good practise these days to delete attachements which are unsolicited - I do not send them without prior notification.

If you get one appearing to be from me, it is most certainly a virus. I'd love to be able to avoid the fact that it looks like I am sending them out, but until everyone who has my address in their address books has a virus-free computer I will not have that luxury.

[Edited on 05-03-2004 by Ian]
Kerry

5th Mar 04 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had an email to my hotmail account sayin that i sent a virus from my corsasport account to stoneys corsasport account
Noonster

5th Mar 04 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they can do it by scanning webages for email addys also.....

so if you have your email addy in your sig like i do then its even easier for these virus d*cks to send them to you as they have program that can leach email address.....

sorry for the long reply

New Poll