corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Had 2 phone calls from a lady in america tonight...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had 2 phone calls from a lady in america tonight...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
   11th Mar 04 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was gonna make a torrent site like suprnova.org - and I had an idea how I was gonna cash in (which will be kept to myself) ... signed up to some hosting tonight - Globat or something hosting?

for $90 you get 1 years hosting, 2000 mb web space, 60 GB of bandwidth per month, mysql and a few other things... and a free domain name...

It was a well good deal. With the exchange rate atm that's only like £45 a year (or around £3.50 a month).

Anyway, it did say someone might ring or email to check it wasn't a fake account or credit card number (to stop fraud)... I expected since they were a US company and I'm in the UK that I'd get an email (probably automatic confirming)...

Instead, while I was watching the tv, the phone rang - my mum answered it and said 'Paul... there's an american lady on the phone for you?' - I was like WTF?

Anyway, she explained they had to check to stop fraud etc... I was well suprised when I got the call that someone in america was calling all the wayto here

Thought cool - hosting sorted and sat back down infront of the tv. About 40 mins later I got another phone call, same woman... She was like 'Hi Paul, this is globat - the hosting for your website. I'm afriad we don't host torrent trackers - so you will get your money back'

She said it sounding well pissed off

Oh well - all fun ... Was really bizarre though hearing the accent
Stuckey

11th Mar 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long were the phone calls
Paul_J

11th Mar 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bout 20 secs ... That'd explain why she seemed to get to the point quite quick and hung up quite sharpish
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Mar 04 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Thought cool - hosting sorted and sat back down infront of the tv. About 40 mins later I got another phone call, same woman... She was like 'Hi Paul, this is globat - the hosting for your website. I'm afriad we don't host torrent trackers - so you will get your money back'

but surely you arent hosting a tracker, the tracker is the hub type bit everyone connects to, you are merely linking to the .torrent files? (and maybe hosting them)
Paul_J

11th Mar 04 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she said tracker links...

Though there was no content on my site I'm guessing that its a bit of a no no when it comes to them wanting my business
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Mar 04 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Had 2 phone calls from a lady in america tonight... 23 database queries in 0.0089130 seconds