corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » My Bday @ Wales ......... (56k warning)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Bday @ Wales ......... (56k warning)
GREG 1

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 04 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well as some of you know im a big Southend fan and on Sunday it was my Bday Anyway Southend played in the final against a higher league team (blackpool) and it was Southends 1st major final in history so all the fans (10 thousand more than blackpool) which isnt bad for a div 3 team near the bottom went upto Wales for a day out (needless to say we lost)

Anyway i had a few surprises as we got a VIP box(shane richie was next door in his box Anyway...... (see pics below)

Day started off putting flags and scarves on our cars..

Then travelled over the Welsh bridge and i took a pic

I took a pic of my little bro in the services

Then got to the stadium and i took a few more

The Southend fans arrived earlier and had over 2 hours to wait for the turnstiles to open and they were chanting..... I made loads of new mates as i was in the VIP boxes and walked straight in and up the stairs... I took a pic of them from inside

When i got in look who was in our box with us (Bramble who plays for Southends older brother "Titus Bramble" from Newcastle !! so i had to get a pic

Then a little while later 2 of his mates arrived Keiron Dyer and Craig Bellamy (and some security guards) i was in shock !!

My mum also wanted a pic

The stadium got busy and Southend had thousand more check this !! (Southend end) -- > Blackpool end -- >

The plays come out

Yes we lost but everyone had a great day i had a wicked Bday

Big shout out to the Southend fans who missed it cos the plane couldnt take off and also the 20,000 + Southend fans who made the trip, many more than Blackpool who are in a higher league... Not bad 4 a small club eh
CorsaLad16v

22nd Mar 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've been there... also to be disappointed in not getting in the premiership.. but gd day all round
Nismo

22nd Mar 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Demo

22nd Mar 04 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like you had a sweet day mate

and the millenium staidum is the daddy is it not
GREG 1

22nd Mar 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marshall
wehey Bellas and Dyer!!!
Bramble is a useless fool...whats he like in real life? comes across as a reet Nob

Bramble was a top man he really was, he had so much time for us all... We spoke for hours about music, his bro (plays 4 southend), football, cars the lot and he was brilliant

Bellamy was also a top guy, wished me happy bday and said he will never play at Southend again cos last time he got a bad cruciate injury

Dyer couldn't be bothered to even look at us, he had no time at all and just couldn't be assed... i thought he was a nice guy from on tv aswell...
GREG 1

22nd Mar 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah serious, bellamy was a top man and bramble was also a nice guy but dyer just had no interest at all !

I know he plays 4 England and more than likely gets pissed off with the hassle (especially watching southend ) but even so !
GREG 1

22nd Mar 04 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he is very fast
Rocky

22nd Mar 04 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad u liked our stadium Greg 1 amazing atmosphere in there espeically wen the welsh national anthem is on absoitely breath taking
Nath

22nd Mar 04 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blackpool have been there 3 times in 4 years dont forget, its a pricey day out so they probably arent that bothered unless its the play off final or anything.

Fair play though Greg, i'd love to go there in the play offs this year

I love seeing other cars with my teams flags and scarves when i go to watch away matches Everyone acknowledges each other too which is cool.
GREG 1

23rd Mar 04 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Nath your right mate, every car on the road had something to do with Southend, i have supported them all my life and it wasn't long ago we was top of div 1 above Charlton !!

Just goes to show we have the support though, it made me cry
Nath

23rd Mar 04 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It chokes me up when everyone starts singing luton songs. Its fantastic! Football is amazing for passion

I really hope we get to Cardiff this year. If we get into the play offs i reckon we should at least make the final. We had the league leaders on the back foot for 93mins saturday, then they scored in the 94th

Going to Loftus road on saturday, we have been allocated 3,000 tickets and i reckon they will sell out, have done for the last 2 seasons now Cant wait

Best game for atmosphere so far this season was the away FA cup tie at Bradford. Beat them 2-1 and we took 2,400 fans up there. That was superb.
GREG 1

23rd Mar 04 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wicked mate
essexracer

23rd Mar 04 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went aswell

i went down to cardiff on friday with my family, and we stayed at the hilton hotel which is right by the millenium stadium (could see it from my room)

was also my dads b day on sunday...even tho we lost it was a great day.

i was in block m23 greg, great seats

il never forget that weekend!

james
DanielJ

23rd Mar 04 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » My Bday @ Wales ......... (56k warning) 23 database queries in 0.0074310 seconds