corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Greetings from South Africa!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Greetings from South Africa!!!
IsaacMOI@GP

User status: Offline
24th Mar 04 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys just a quick question do u guys buy ur 2.016v corsas from factory like that or do u do engine upgrades.bcoz here in SA we only get 8v's nothing more no 12v's or 16v's the only ones here have been upgrade by doing an engine swap...I would like to know if one can buy a 2.0 16v corsa standard from factory..My mate is arguing about this please help
Ditch

24th Mar 04 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NO!
Tom

24th Mar 04 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No highest factory model was a 1.6 gsi/sport...

2.0 16v's are out of cavaliers/astra's/calibras

Daimo B

24th Mar 04 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, have you checked out?

http://forum.opelownersclubwc.co.za/

they 2.0 16v corsa isn't an option no. I also know your Corsa B' gsi is the 1.6 8v model where-as we got the 16v model.

You would need to do an engine conversion. I'd advise going for the "supey??" engine you get over there as it comes with better pistons and uprated cams giving 165bhp where-as we only get the 150 and 155bhp engines *(i know u get the 150bhp model as well).

As for the conversion, its an easyish job if your mechanically minded. Speak to m-tec regarding their fitting kits that make life a lot easier. I can't remember the link though.
IsaacMOI@GP

24th Mar 04 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

m-tec is it in South Africa...the thing is the OOC forum is helpful sometimes but not always..if you ask questions like this u are ignored as if u are nothing besides I dont want my car to look like any other corsa in South Africa that is why I am thinking of importing
Daimo B

24th Mar 04 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Importing is expensive, but good for being individual in your country.

If you really want to make a big hit, do a search and have a look through the different bodykits that we get over here. Theres a section that shows all the front and rear bumpers you can get on this site, not sure where though.

Or go custom??

http://public.fotki.com/DaimoB/modified_cars/vauxhalls/
Icy

24th Mar 04 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bumper thread
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=42063

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Greetings from South Africa!!! 23 database queries in 0.0828550 seconds