corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How much does insurance go up for...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much does insurance go up for...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
21st Apr 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much does insurance go up for engine mods? and how do insurance companies work it out? I heard once it was like 5% or something per mod?

Is this right? i.e. a new inlet manifold = 5%, currently £850 tpft - another 42.50 added?
drunkenfool

21st Apr 04 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who are you with? Liv vic didnt charge anything for engine mods other than change of capacity or number of valves.
liamC

21st Apr 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id also like to jump on this thread and ask how much *roundabouts* my insurance would go up if I were to lower the car.

(Tesco Insurance btw)
ed

21st Apr 04 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing?
Paul_J

21st Apr 04 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with adrian flux...

Liam - not much - I personally wouldn't bother telling them...

Oh thats right, I was with tesco's an didn't declare anything, got producer + works at guildford cruise (including notes of all my mods to be sent to my insurer) and then got several letters from tesco's saying 'a matter has arisen, please contact us' - thankfully it was near re-newal, so went with adrian flux + declared it all.
Rob H

21st Apr 04 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most places are about 10% IIRC. I know Tesco wanted about £100 to delair the car being lowered in my first year of insurance! .
LukeGSi

21st Apr 04 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam_nufc
Id also like to jump on this thread and ask how much *roundabouts* my insurance would go up if I were to lower the car.
(Tesco Insurance btw)

Tesco charged me and extra £140 for lowerewd suspension on my old XR2i

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How much does insurance go up for... 23 database queries in 0.0087240 seconds