corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what ECU fits a 1.6 16v sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what ECU fits a 1.6 16v sport
1600power

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 04 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basicully I've brought this 1.6 16v sport and its missing the ECU (not to worry its all working otherwise!)

So I need to source one from another car! is it just Corsa's that im limited to or can I look in other vauxhalls?

If i can get one from another vauxhall which one do I need to be on the look out for?

Cheers peeps!
Darren

22nd Apr 04 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6 tigras, i reckons the only one other than corsa
broster
Premium Member

22nd Apr 04 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to find one with the same serial code thnigy as the old one! unless u got for omex or dta! could try and rema another ecy tho i supose, ask lee mitchel if he has any, or other engine converion people
James R

22nd Apr 04 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can be MK3 astras too. and Vectras aswell. you also need the immoiblers chip thing too so it will work.
AK

22nd Apr 04 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cav's too

BUT

what about the imobiliser????
BeArDy

22nd Apr 04 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1600power
Basicully I've brought this 1.6 16v sport and its missing the ECU (not to worry its all working otherwise!)

So I need to source one from another car! is it just Corsa's that im limited to or can I look in other vauxhalls?

If i can get one from another vauxhall which one do I need to be on the look out for?

Cheers peeps!

how do you it working?

the ECU need to match up with the Immobiser Chip and ring.

the engine will NEVER EVER START without the proper ECU and immobiser Chip an ring for the engine

i would try and take it back mate as all i can go off is a mate of mine did the same but got a engine with the ECU but no chip or ring an it cost him £300 to have the ECU and chip reprogramed from Vauxhall (as only place with can do them) they sent it over to Germany.
The person who was fitting the engine was Fearless Motorsport top dog Dave France and hes work as Top Tech for Vauxhall and if he can not get it going then its not going.
I have fitted alot of engine and know a abit about them (as people will tell u off here) and Dave is my "Phone a friend" if shit hits the fan as if anyone knows dave will.

TAKE IT BACK MATE

[Edited on 22-04-2004 by BeArDy]
AK

22nd Apr 04 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this too....

Bought andy Hamiltons 1.6 ECU, didnt work,
1600power

22nd Apr 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

intresting........

I'm on the same industrial site as 2 vauxhall breakers so I will speak to them 2moz about it and see what they can do! possibly sort it out at trade price I hope or remove the immobilser?

Is that possible to do?
broster
Premium Member

22nd Apr 04 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck removing the imoboliser!
1600power

22nd Apr 04 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sh!t this is not looking good! lol wonder why vauxhall decided that it wud be best to keep the ECU specific to the cars they belong to seems abit lame 2 me!

I've seen people selling ECU's on here before does that mean that for them to work they wud need to be reprogrammed.

Sorry to sound lame I'm usually quite clued up on things like this but had no idea this ring (btw wtf is the ring system mentioned) and car specific ECU's existed! lol

Its a bloody good job the car cost me next to nothing
BeArDy

22nd Apr 04 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1600power
intresting........

I'm on the same industrial site as 2 vauxhall breakers so I will speak to them 2moz about it and see what they can do! possibly sort it out at trade price I hope or remove the immobilser?

Is that possible to do?

your never going to remove the immobilizer and £300 was trade price as Dave works as top tec at vauxhall, if it was that easy mate do you not think he would of done it?

TAKE IT BACK IF U CAN NOT GET THE RIGHT ECU AND CHIP FOR THAT ENGINE TRUST ME ON THIS

u have a 800kg paper weight
1600power

22nd Apr 04 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah they wont take it back m8 I think the ECU's missing anyway, the kickplate by the drivers foot is open and there is a space for a sort of ecu shaped device with 2 big block connectors hanging loose so I presume thats where the ecu wud live?
BeArDy

22nd Apr 04 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate
each engine number has its own code which is programed into the ECU and immobilser chip.
the chip is inside the key for the car
so when the chip sits next to the ring (which is around the ignition barrel) it then tells the ECU its all ok and fine, then it allows the engne to fire

the only hope you have (long shot do not know it will work maydo) is to get a ECU Chip and Ring of another car (which will be like rocking horse shit as then it will have that engine useless) and plug them all in and try it

1600power

22nd Apr 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
yes mate
each engine number has its own code which is programed into the ECU and immobilser chip.
the chip is inside the key for the car
so when the chip sits next to the ring (which is around the ignition barrel) it then tells the ECU its all ok and fine, then it allows the engne to fire

the only hope you have (long shot do not know it will work maydo) is to get a ECU Chip and Ring of another car (which will be like rocking horse shit as then it will have that engine useless) and plug them all in and try it

Yer that sounds like it will work m8, know wot u mean about the ring now didnt understand at first lol its all there and I have the red key its just the ECU missing!

Its a good job I have these 2 vauxhall people as mentioned nearby cause at least that way I have a better chance of getting all the items I need off a car thats fresh in for breaking or off the shelf etc!

Phew I feel better now that I have a very possible cure to the problem

Thanks for the help so far my first night on CorsaSport has been most enjoyable so far
BeArDy

22nd Apr 04 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a problem
can you keep us posted on how you get on mate be nice to know how it go's.

if this dosent work, its a good excuse to fit a 2lt 16v or spend £300 on Vauxhall to sort it

James R

22nd Apr 04 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy them new without the immobiliser from a motorfactors for less than the before.
I had this on my 1.4 16V and had it all ready to buy the ecu then chopped to TB's so it wasn't an issue anymore.
Marco The Corsa Man

22nd Apr 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting two new keys cut and my imobiliser re coded to the new chips, anyone know how much its gonna cost roughly?

New Poll