corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Mileage on GSI'S

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mileage on GSI'S
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
9th May 04 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates after a gsi hes found an n reg with 100000 on it do u think thats too much or should he go for it its white mint bodywork on it not heard the engine yet but going to look at it tomorrow what should we be aware of what to look out for ?
whitter45

9th May 04 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldn't buy a GSI with 100K miles
Karnage Corsa

9th May 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y ? give a reason an explanation I had a gsi with nearly 70000 on it and it was superb sold it to adam d what an enbgine it was I have a valver now but I do miss it
1600power

9th May 04 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people read to much into milege! if its been regularly serviced and not thrashed around everywhere there's no reason to not consider it. I wud however makesure that the price is a fair one i.e a good few quid cheaper than a lower milege example!
LukeGSi

10th May 04 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1600power
people read to much into milege! if its been regularly serviced and not thrashed around everywhere there's no reason to not consider it. I wud however makesure that the price is a fair one i.e a good few quid cheaper than a lower milege example!

This man speaks sense Mine has only done 42k although im sure there are better C16xes with far many more miles on the clocks
Karnage Corsa

10th May 04 at 06:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks chaps going to have a look at it tonight I have had my GSI 2 years so I think I know pretty well what to look out for so I will give it a good run over and see how it feels and sounds
Demo

10th May 04 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by born_upsideout
quote:
Originally posted by 1600power

This man speaks sense Mine has only done 42k although im sure there are better C16xes with far many more miles on the clocks

yep, this guy is talking complete sense. as long as the car has been looked after, then there is no reason to worry about 100k mileage. regular services and also check about things that go before or round about 100k such as water pump, head gasket, cam belt.
as long as they have all been sorted then theres no reason to worry
miles

10th May 04 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem is that is hard to know how well an engine has been looked after. SH helps, but I personally dont think just taking your car for a service every 12k is that great. No way of knowing if its been ragged from cold etc, and you can bet a garage wont service a car with as much attention as you could...
MoNkEy MaGiC

10th May 04 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its true if its been looked after the Gsi engine is GREAT!!! and will pull past the 100k miles mark and further easily with very good tuning potential

however if its not had a good service history then the Gsi engines suffer TERRIBLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY when it goes past the 70k miles mark!! as this is when the signs start showing, beleive me!! me n my mate both have had bad condition Gsi's, they basically get very bad oil consumption problems!!

my mate had a rebuild but it still wasnt cured!!
and mine is looking to get a full rebuild done probly but i dunno if its worth it!
Karnage Corsa

10th May 04 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to look at it now so fingers crossed I have taken into account everything u have said and we will see what happens from here
mike_1.2LS96

10th May 04 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Karnage Corsa
My mates after a gsi hes found an n reg with 100000 on it do u think thats too much or should he go for it its white mint bodywork on it not heard the engine yet but going to look at it tomorrow what should we be aware of what to look out for ?

You sure that's N reg? I thought GSi were made from 93 to 95, is that K to L or M?
Karnage Corsa

10th May 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they made gsi's on a n but they were ecotec not pre ecotek if u know what I mean, place was closed so going down tomorrow straight after work to see it cheers
Keithie

13th May 04 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an n reg gsi, its milage is just a tad under 110,000. runs like a dream. been serviced regularly tho
Ian
Site Administrator

14th May 04 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine has 115k on, gearbox was like waving a stick about in the wind and the brakes were a little bit criminal, nothing a couple of trips to the scrappy and my VX dealer didnt sort.

[Edited on 14-05-2004 by Ian]

New Poll