corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cracked windscreen

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cracked windscreen
Red_SXi

User status: Offline
10th Jun 04 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pulled out of my drive this morning and noticed that my windscreen has a long curly crack starting at the bottom under the scuttle coming up above the wipes and then going down towards the scuttle again

My car is locked in a garage over night, and i was driving the car last night and it wasn't there then, so how the hell has it happened? Could it be a defect?

i'm taking my car to Vauxhall tomorrow as it can only be a defect with the glass in the first place, or the fitting, or very very bad body flexing which has cracked it (surely not)
DanielJ

10th Jun 04 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ghosts
mike16v

10th Jun 04 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not heard of any1 else having this occur
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Jun 04 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be interested to see if Vauxhall won't honour the warrenty based on wheel/suspension mods. Having said that it would surely go when you were driving, not overnight while the car is stationary.

You sure nothing has fallen on it?
Paul H

10th Jun 04 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we used to have windscreens crack all the time on hire cars when left overnight.probably a small stone hit the screen leaving a hairline crack.parked it up and overnight it's got worse
J100RSA

10th Jun 04 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this may seem daft but it happens cos ur car is lowered and the body flexes more the screen in your car is 25% of the body stucture lowerin make shell flex more cos its stiffens up the suspension

i had this very same argument with vaux and they would not fit me a new screen
mike16v

10th Jun 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

change back to standard setup before it goes to vaux then

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cracked windscreen 23 database queries in 0.0171590 seconds