corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » VERY uneven and odd tyre wear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VERY uneven and odd tyre wear
H13X JW

User status: Offline
29th Jun 04 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening ppl. I lowerd my car on 45mm springs in about feb and wen i was lookin at my car t'other day wen walking into my house i noticed that the inner edge (closest to exhaust) of my passenger-side rear tyre was like a damn racing slick. Not one of the other tyres has gone, has anyone got any ideas on what this could be and a price on getting it sorted b4 i put my new alloys on? Cheers
diddon

29th Jun 04 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rubbing
H13X JW

29th Jun 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't think it's rubbing as i wud b able to hear it if it was that bad and there is nothing (that i could feel) on the inside of that arch wen i put my hand in. Also it wud b the same on both backs i wud have thought if that was the case Cheers anyway though fella
diddon

29th Jun 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be rubbing on exhaust
H13X JW

29th Jun 04 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just had a look there (in the rain :mad and the wheel n tyre are completely free of and sorta surface which could rub. The exhaust isn't the prob either as it's quite a distance away from the tyre.
diddon

29th Jun 04 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pass then, anything to do with lowering would proberbly effect both sides
H13X JW

29th Jun 04 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's wat i thought mate, i don't have a clue now It was mentioned it cud b to do with the camber but y wud that only effect the 1 wheel???? Cheers anyway and if anyone else knows wat i cud b plz post as it's buggin the hell outa me.
Go3asy

29th Jun 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be the camber angle is out, or maybe a problem with the wheel bearings so the wheel is not sitting strait, so the inner wheel takes all the weight and rubs out quicker
H13X JW

29th Jun 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can the camber be fixed @ a wheel n tyre place? I don't want to have to change the rear beam to sort this, havn't got those sorta funds. I'll check the wheel bearing tomorrow just to check. Cheers for the help ppl
ed

29th Jun 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think camber is set at the factory, go to a wheel alignment place and ask if they can change the rear camber settings - you might be lucky...
CorsAsh

29th Jun 04 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't change the camber on corsas unless you get adjustable top mounts. Don't even think these are available for rear of the car.

All I can suggest is get it checked out at an alignment centre (if you've had the suspension to bits to lower the car, should always do this afterwards anyway) as it could just be the tracking.

Also, check the stub axle, make sure its not been bent due to a collision or anything, as any minor problem with it before will be amplified after lowering.

Hope you sort it mate

New Poll