corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » New Corsa C Kit Out Now

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Corsa C Kit Out Now
PerformanceFx

User status: Offline
8th Jul 04 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

Just a quick post to let all you Corsa C guys and gals know that PerformanceFX' new Corsa V1 kit has just been released for sale. At this current point in time the rear bumper can only be seen but within the next week or so the front bumper will also be released for sale. If you are interested head to www.PerformanceFx.co.uk for images and order facilities. You can also join our newsletter which will inform you of all the latest to be released along with the V1 front bumper.

Any questions please dont hesitate to call us on 01980 624490 or sales@performanceFx.co.uk

PerformanceFX
Graham

8th Jul 04 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thoday

8th Jul 04 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would but my fog lights are at the bottom not top of the bumper
ChazSXi

8th Jul 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems quite pricey @ £200 excluding VAT!
ChazSXi

8th Jul 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cheakycharlie

Wouldnt fit cos of the arches either would it?!
M2RTY

8th Jul 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChazSXi
quote:

Wouldnt fit cos of the arches either would it?!

correct
kash

8th Jul 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could always buy different spats and foglights!
Thoday

8th Jul 04 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alorra lorra pain in the ass doing that kash
kash

8th Jul 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's only a hand ful of nuts for the spats to get em off and just bond the new ones on. It's not that bad. Remeber I changed mine over, I been there. As for the lights, it's easier, cos you wouldn't have to remove em in the first place
Thoday

8th Jul 04 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true but i so cant be assed with the hassle

and sort urself a msn account dude
Rob H

8th Jul 04 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a great idea, lets lake the plate recess out of the standard bumper so that you have to stick on the plate and make it look crap .

[Edited on 08-07-2004 by Rob H]
Matt H

8th Jul 04 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks ok that but like someone else said where do ya put the no plate

i think that car needs some differant alloys too
kash

8th Jul 04 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
true but i so cant be assed with the hassle

and sort urself a msn account dude

Already had one, it just plays up from time to time. You're added mate
mark_1305

9th Jul 04 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The company who sells these must have sold loads, I mean all you lot must have bought one because you all seem to know how to fit one? I has taken nearly a year for me to get the company to sell me one after I saw it on their show car at Trax 2002. I have not seen another corsa c aftermarket rear bumper that looks as good as this one. As for fitting, it takes about 10 mins as it uses the original bumper mounts and you use the standard arches that are on the corsa with NO modifications. As for the number plate recess, good point, but if you do what I do and have a stick on plate that you heat up and remove for shows it looks so much sweeter. As for the quality, I have had PSG bumpers and many more and these are much stronger and better quality. £200 might seem steep but worth every penny, I just cant wait for the front one to come out. But of course you have all got one so you will know what I mean

[Edited on 09-07-2004 by mark_1305]
ChazSXi

9th Jul 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mark_1305
The company who sells these must have sold loads, I mean all you lot must have bought one because you all seem to know how to fit one? I has taken nearly a year for me to get the company to sell me one after I saw it on their show car at Trax 2002. I have not seen another corsa c aftermarket rear bumper that looks as good as this one. As for fitting, it takes about 10 mins as it uses the original bumper mounts and you use the standard arches that are on the corsa with NO modifications. As for the number plate recess, good point, but if you do what I do and have a stick on plate that you heat up and remove for shows it looks so much sweeter. As for the quality, I have had PSG bumpers and many more and these are much stronger and better quality. £200 might seem steep but worth every penny, I just cant wait for the front one to come out. But of course you have all got one so you will know what I mean

The arches would need mods if you had the faclieft version! how do you light the numberplate (max power neon washer jets )
to be fair a body shop could extend and smooth the standard bumper and it wouldnt look that much different tbh
mark_1305

9th Jul 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its quite clear that the bumper is for the pre face lift model, and as for a number plate light there are many options including tiny little bolts that project light. I have seen no rear bumper that looks better as all the c's on the site show (no offence) and only bell ends have those max power washer jets!!

Rob H

10th Jul 04 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Its quite clear that the bumper is for the pre face lift model

Nobody has said otherwise, people have simply said to fit it to a facelift model you need to change the rear arches.

quote:
and as for a number plate light there are many options including tiny little bolts that project light.

Great idea, but thats gonna look crap when the numberplates been took off, as there's no way of hiding them or removing them. Also the bumper looks quite a bit deeper than the standard item, so no standard backbox would proberbly fit, leaving you to modify the existing one, or get a custom exhaust.

That said, an option for the rear plate could be to get a TVR plate (Lights from the rear) and get it fixed into the rear window. I've seen busses where the rear plates about 10 foot high in a little window, so theres no reason why you couldnt do it. Also if you put the plate in a bottom corner of the rear screen, your not going to loose much vision, as the headrests already do that .

..... It's still a stupid bumper though .
mark_1305

10th Jul 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no exhaust cut out because there are so many different exhasts people go for, twin exit, centre, so it was left for that reason coz it would look gay if you had a centre exit and a cut out for a standard type.

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » New Corsa C Kit Out Now 25 database queries in 0.0121229 seconds