corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Throttle body

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Throttle body
Sri5

User status: Offline
31st Aug 04 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't got a haynes manual for my corsa yet, so i have a simple question if any one knows.

How do i get to the throttle bady for cleaning and stuff? Do i have to remove the inlet manifold? I dont want to just squirt randomly down the back pipe of the airbox with carb cleaner.

cheers
Stu_22

31st Aug 04 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are we talking 16v engine
Sri5

31st Aug 04 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah, sorry. It would have helped if i put the engine size! Its a 1.4 16v eco
Stu_22

31st Aug 04 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah top half of inlet needs to come off but make sure you tape the holes up. I didnt and dropped a bolt down there but luckily for me I got it out with a magnet.

Why do you want to clean the throttle body
Sri5

31st Aug 04 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In need of a good service. On previous cars, cleaning all the systems out (TB, fuel filter, icv, spark plugs, etc) makes a difference. In 21000 miles, all its had is oil/filter/plugs and some wd40. I need to treat it to a good service!

New Poll