corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » When the caravans come to town!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author When the caravans come to town!
langey

User status: Offline
6th Sep 04 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by k4rma
^^ i understand ur above post laney, but 1. would you not be able to spot it was a traveller and not pick them up, or 2. when they asked to be taken somewhere near to where they lived, worked out that they would not pay like others had done, and drive to a police station instead?

1, they pick up all walks of life everyday, and nobody walks round with badges sayin if they own a home or are a gyipo.
2, no the first couple of times they didnt twig, but when they did the gyipos did too, so started gettin dropped off round the back near a pub, and then they would cut throught the hedges and accros a road to there camp. so how are they supposed to know they are going there and not just to the pub.
Drew
Banned

6th Sep 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey
quote:
^^ i understand ur above post laney, but 1. would you not be able to spot it was a traveller and not pick them up, or 2. when they asked to be taken somewhere near to where they lived, worked out that they would not pay like others had done, and drive to a police station instead?

1, they pick up all walks of life everyday, and nobody walks round with badges sayin if they own a home or are a gyipo.
2, no the first couple of times they didnt twig, but when they did the gyipos did too, so started gettin dropped off round the back near a pub, and then they would cut throught the hedges and accros a road to there camp. so how are they supposed to know they are going there and not just to the pub.

fair enough
langey

6th Sep 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ok - but you had to point out that they cant read or write??

1. how do you know this?
2. what does it matter to you if they cant?

1. becuase the woman said it on the program
2. it dosnt matter to me, but i said its an awful way to bring up kids innit.
Drew
Banned

6th Sep 04 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

1. how do you know this?

did she say ALL travellers cant read? or just her child? and you assume this goes for all of them?
langey

6th Sep 04 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

1. how do you know this?

did she say ALL travellers cant read? or just her child? and you assume this goes for all of them?

well what makes her child different to the rest?? why would the rest be educated and hers not??
Drew
Banned

6th Sep 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cause hers are busy stealing sweets instead of learning from there parents?
leeshez

6th Sep 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

1. how do you know this?

So you would think that they break some laws because they did not see the sign or inable to read it?
langey

6th Sep 04 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
cause hers are busy stealing sweets instead of learning from there parents?

possibly.

leni

6th Sep 04 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

allot of people I know are taxi drivers and their the biggest tax evaders I know of!

at the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think allot of people go by what their've heard and not personal experience and this is where the problem starts!

If you have had personal experience then fair enough!

2 weeks into my job I got started upon on one of Hulls sites and I went home from work and cried and almost gave my job up, but I'm still doing it and love it! When I say started upon, I was threatend to me "brayed" [hull sland for gonna smack you one] by 3 members of the same family and about 30 travellers surrounded us in the argument [like in the school playground] another time I got spat at and threatend that all my car tyres would be slashed, again I stood my ground and my car tyres are fine!

I've seen both sides, I've helped my mam clean up a local pub after a gypsy fight the night before and £5k worth of damage [1980's] was done and the travellers came back the next day and apologised and gave the land lord £6k to cover repairs and stuff! this was the last night of the fair!

So yeh, I know where I'm coming from!
langey

6th Sep 04 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough leni i see your point.

not all taxi drivers are tax evaders. and just for the record the inland revinue keep tight checks on people who are there own boss's around the northwest.
leni

6th Sep 04 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

not all taxi drivers are tax evaders. and just for the record the inland revinue keep tight checks on people who are there own boss's around the northwest.

see you carn't lable all taxi drivers coz of a minority and the same goes for Gypsies
langey

6th Sep 04 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leni
quote:

see you carn't lable all taxi drivers coz of a minority and the same goes for Gypsies

suppose your right leni, but my experiance of gypsies is that they are ruff as hell, leave shit everywere and just generally bad people. but yo've had good accounts of them i've not seen that side. i can only judge off what i know of.
leni

6th Sep 04 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fairy muff
nickyboy01

6th Sep 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Permanant gypsies arent the problem, they pay rent to stay ontheir official sites and most take pride in where they live.

The travellers who invade peoples land Illegally make god awful mess, thieve, etc etc are the ones who everyone hates.

They bring the hate on themselves by having no regard for the law and their brazen attitude. If they didnt leave such a shit mess behind them then people might not resent them as much. We've got a camp other side of town, they bought the land and moved 6 vans on a few weeks back, next door is a used car garage, 2nd night it was broken into and 12 cars damaged since they arrived the crime rate has gone up 23% in town. a 14 yr old was even shot 2 weeks ago because him and some mates got into a fracas with a car load of the pikies. 2 were arrested and are awaiting trial for attempted murder.

Model citizens
Ben
Banned

6th Sep 04 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tax dodging scum
Welsh Dan

7th Sep 04 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucking hates pikeys.....
Matt H

7th Sep 04 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sorry but what a load of bollocks in this thread!

yeah ok there are gypsies that are criminals but we live in england ffs! the whole nation is turning pikey. hooliganism is our counties main problem yet no one ever seems to want to do anything about it how much money is spent per year on measures to prevent this & then theres the money to repair when things get damaged?

also have people forgotten about how many "normal" people who are collecting all sorts of benefits fraudulently & are getting away with it. the woman off wife swap is a prime example. fucking bitch

im not trying to stand up for these people but stereotyping them is just a narrow minded way of being english.

"oooh you bastard! i fuckin hate pikeys" - snatch

sorry but i couldnt help saying that
Ally

7th Sep 04 at 02:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leni, no offence hun but you are probably one of only a small number of people that work with gypseys. I understand why you are defending them when you have seen the good people.

However, ive only met nasty skanky gypos who leave a hell of a mess, and cost the council alot of money, which has to come out of my wages when i pay tax.

I did work experience with the police, and one day they had to move a group of gypsies off private land, when the police arrived the gypos started throwing rocks, and anything they could pick up at the car.

All the older ones came at us with baseball bats, the works!!!!

Also Richie took a wrong turn at the docks in Newport, and ended up driving into a gypsey camp, and ended up being chased, while the other gypos tried to open the doors of the van to get in and nick all the stuff inside!!!!!
Cybermonkey

7th Sep 04 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leni
quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
aye, fucking pikeys

although tbh, the ones interviewed seem to be the nicer kid that will say hello to you and not knock the living daylights outta ya and nick ya wallet

Also the lass in pink at the end was pretty fit

Most Travellers are nice! and the fight at the beginning, I had one just as bad at my birthday last year between my sister and robs family, police involved and everything? Does that mean that if they make a TV programme on people in Hull that they should show a video coz that one incident should cause a whole opinion on the whole of the Hull community!

Leni, you seem to forget that the majority of people have had some bad experience with gypsies, so it is quite obviously not an isolated situation. IMO, most are complete tossers, they wreck the environment, they destroy property and generally cause trouble. They smashed every single window in my old school and nicked a whole load of computers, then had the cheek of parking up on the school land and living there. then the police vans turned up and arrested a few this is just one incident i had in hertfordshire, and believe me, the gypos there are total scum. Im sure some will agree too, so its no good sticking up for them.
broster
Premium Member

7th Sep 04 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand both points of vies here, my mate used to live over the raod from a fixed pikie came, also not far from my houe, they were fine, never had any bother off them at all. but they you get the traveller pikies, a group of them moved about 6miles from where i worked, the weekend they moved in guess what, 5 unit broken into one of which was used to store cars, they took one brand new discovery and took all the tools from the other unit, a collection of tools takes abotu 30years to build up, but the blokes out of business for ages. they took everythink that was slightly loose on the floor. the police came round knew it was the pikies but they went the next day, in the new disco most likley

[Edited on 07-09-2004 by broster]
leni

7th Sep 04 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO if the council provided more sites, even transient sites (where people can stay for a max of 1 month) then the problem with the Gypsies wouldn't be so bad!

Most of the travelleing Gypsies are travelling becuase theirs nowhere to go! If you'd been moved 5 times in 3 weeks, where would you go? If the council provided these sites and people paid per night to live on them (hch many would, I've asked!) then the council can then provide the water, electricty hook ups, rubbish bin facilities etc

By proving these simply resorces then council would not have to pay thounsands a year evicting and cleaning up after them, the problem would be tackled before it began! This is why the 1964 ACT needs to be reinstated!

Quote from the Guardian 8/8/4
"Wood said gypsies still suffered 'appalling' discrimination and claims of traveller crime sprees were often unfounded: 'You hear things such as "When that group arrived, crimes soared" and sometimes find that actually in the area of some of these unauthorised encampments crime reduced dramatically. They have been used as scapegoats.' "

Straight from the horses mouth, the Cheif of police! who agree more sites should be built!
Cybermonkey

7th Sep 04 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leni, why are they called "travellers"? because they like to travel. No point giving them sites to live at, they will trash the hell out if it and move on.
leni

7th Sep 04 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are Gypsy and Travellers but the law makes it illegal for them to travel or very hard to. Plus the ammount of times they get moved on, fustrates them. Also most of the work they used to do is gone, i.e. Working on farms in the feilds etc etc but that goes for many communities except Travellers used to move around the country for work and now their no work.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » When the caravans come to town! 23 database queries in 0.2860272 seconds