corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How long will it take me...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How long will it take me...
PaulW

User status: Offline
24th Sep 04 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to replace the indicator stalk/switches in my corsa...

wont be removing the steering wheel...
big eck

24th Sep 04 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a pain in the ass to do mate, it'll be ALOT easier to remove the wheel and do it, just remember and dont pul the wheel right off as you need to turn it abit so that it dosnt catch the return bits for the indicators
PaulW

24th Sep 04 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheel has an airbag & will be a bitch to do

plus not got a puller

need to sort it tonight as travelling to liverpool for the weekend & the main-beam flicks on & sticks when indicators are used

[Edited on 24-09-2004 by PaulW]
big eck

24th Sep 04 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont need a puller mate, just hit the steering bar that the nut comes off of and pull the wheel at the same time, comes off no probs, just dont pull it right off.
5 InCH

24th Sep 04 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found it pretty easy, had to get a new stalk cause i couldnt flash people and it did odd things (same thing as yours with the flashing/indicating which is pretty dangerous). Just remove the plastics around the steering column, i had to to remove the plastic from around the dials as well to get it all off.
It was a pain trying to squeese it off but once off just unclick the old stalk and put the other one in. The replacement had a small plastic lump stopping it (with a spring inside) from going in so a i chopped it.

[Edited on 24-09-2004 by 5 InCH]
Bart

24th Sep 04 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody hell, its easy!

unscrew the plastic top (and bottom if u wanna make it easier), there are 2 clips u need to push down and it just slides out!

easy
PaulW

24th Sep 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5 InCH
i found it pretty easy, had to get a new stalk cause i couldnt flash people and it did odd things (same thing as yours with the flashing/indicating which is pretty dangerous). Just remove the plastics around the steering column, i had to to remove the plastic from around the dials as well to get it all off.
It was a pain trying to squeese it off but once off just unclick the old stalk and put the other one in. The replacement had a small plastic lump stopping it (with a spring inside) from going in so a i chopped it.

the lil white bit you chopped off is what turns the indicators back off when you have done the turn just push it up or down & it will click back in
big eck

24th Sep 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
quote:

the lil white bit you chopped off is what turns the indicators back off when you have done the turn just push it up or down & it will click back in

pmsl I was just thinkin that
PaulW

24th Sep 04 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i figured that out when i stripped down my old corsa i was like wtf is this lil pisser & just pushed it & it shot back in
5 InCH

24th Sep 04 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
quote:

pmsl I was just thinkin that

No this was a solid black plastic tube were the pins are, on my old one theres 2 round holes were u can see the spring inside. Only one was a hole on my new one the other was a cyclinder commin out... so i chopped it off and pushed the spring in.

Worked fine and only cost £5.50 or sommet from Ebay

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How long will it take me... 23 database queries in 0.0421791 seconds