corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » slight problem .... painz may be able 2 help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author slight problem .... painz may be able 2 help
T1NK

User status: Offline
29th Sep 04 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been out of work for 2 weeks and have applied for a few jobs i have just heard back from sainsburys asking me for a interview and english provinder (jam factory) also asking me 2 a interview, i am now unsure which job to take if i get offerd any of them, has anyone worked for sainsburys or epc that could tell me wot they r like to help me choose???
thanks
T1NK
Coblet

29th Sep 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm working at Sainsburys right now mate... my branch is pretty good in terms of other staff and how they treat you. Everyone is pretty nice, and you do get to meet people (how sad that sounds lol).

Working in a jam factory doesn't sound as if you're gonna be climbing that career ladder anytime soon, but at least at Sainsburys you can go checkout>supervisor>manager>deputy manager>store manager and work your way up (if you have the time or even want to) - couldn't see me working as a checkout person all my life, how shit would that be
AntCromb

29th Sep 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am a current employee of sainsburys. i work at one of the 'flagship' stores in the south east at haywards heath.

If this is one of their better stores, i dread to think what the others are like.

I do sundays only [bum uni student etc] and invariably am left to do 3 peoples work on my own [stock controler]. I dont actually know any people who do my job during the week because the staff turnover is greater than that of an oil company in Iraq. Its a joke, if anywhere else paid me the 10 quid an hour id go there, but unfortunately to get the money id have to work more hours :] no chance.

Seriously if you get a job on the checkouts its probably fine....if your a vegetable, and willing to do shifts imigrants would have issues with.

Shelf stacking...well...open crate....empty crate....bin crate.... not rocket science.

all in all id probably go make jam :]

hope my unbiased opinion helps in your decision :]

p.s. Sainsburys cut staff hours quicker than anyone, i give them 5 years before wallmart comes in and takes over.... asdainbury's on the horizon do i see....

Coblet

29th Sep 04 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mines a flagship store too, but it seems to be far better off than yours Ant .... I'd like to confirm the fact that I am not a vegetable.
AntCromb

29th Sep 04 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s. ive been here 4 years, when i started it was fantastic, did 20 hours a week on trolleys through college.

then i had a gap year...and worked on stock control the entire time, the bar stewards then tried to shaft me every which way with the christmas bonus and 'mystery shopper' bonus [i worked 10 1/2 months full time in the financial year and they tried to pay me as a part time worker - nearly 200 quid difference]

It was still pretty good then really, bit bad but nothing since recent pay cuts and new 'RBM contracts' - basically makes you their bitch for an extra 0.000000000000000001p / hour. Refused to sign it and they now wont give me a pay rise :] fortunataly im with the union, and if theres one thing sainsburys bricks there pants at more than tescos [or any well managed competition] its trade unions.

T1NK

29th Sep 04 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AntCromb
i am a current employee of sainsburys. i work at one of the 'flagship' stores in the south east at haywards heath.

If this is one of their better stores, i dread to think what the others are like.

I do sundays only [bum uni student etc] and invariably am left to do 3 peoples work on my own [stock controler]. I dont actually know any people who do my job during the week because the staff turnover is greater than that of an oil company in Iraq. Its a joke, if anywhere else paid me the 10 quid an hour id go there, but unfortunately to get the money id have to work more hours :] no chance.

Seriously if you get a job on the checkouts its probably fine....if your a vegetable, and willing to do shifts imigrants would have issues with.

Shelf stacking...well...open crate....empty crate....bin crate.... not rocket science.

all in all id probably go make jam :]

hope my unbiased opinion helps in your decision :]

p.s. Sainsburys cut staff hours quicker than anyone, i give them 5 years before wallmart comes in and takes over.... asdainbury's on the horizon do i see....

do i ..... dont i .......
AntCromb

29th Sep 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer coblet our store just gets the dirty end of the stick im sure.

For instance, on a sunday, more managers work than general staff [apart from checkouts].

Then the store wonders where its loosing all its money from wages wise....oblivious to the fact all managers get nice 8 - 5 sunday shifts [Dept. managers are on around £20/hours on sundays] so they cut staff hours down to such a ridiculous amount.

If sainsburys wasnt run by fools it'd be doing as well as 4 years ago [top supermarket]

Even though sainsburys is now 3rd best behind asda and tesco's the managing director recently recieved a 500,000 bonus just AFTER they announced the staff not recieving their xmas bonus.

PainZ

29th Sep 04 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OH MY GOD!

GO TO EPC!

its fucking amazing!

I loved it there,

If i still lived in newbry, i would of worked their full time,

Its a laid back atmosphere, quality fun, proper jokes and you always get to munch on food ~

I only worked there temping in the college holidays but the pay was amazing,

I was working nights, just basically cooking the jam,

I have quite a few friends up there now, who i met when i started working there.

EPC has just had its new factory built to so everything will be new!

I would defently go work for them, because if it wasnt for me moving etc etc

i would of,

I worked there for like 2 weeks @ easter, and they offered me job being one of their cooks.

I really would go for it

You will prob just be on prep to start with, weighing all the stuff out, then giving it to the cooks,

I was he only temp EVER to cook. i was proper bo at it
AntCromb

29th Sep 04 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

biggest tip ill give you when you go for your interview, is the matrix [hours available, u put down on app form ?] you submitted, just stick to it.
3CorsaMeal

29th Sep 04 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PainZ

proper jokes

can't stand the fake one's myself either
AntCromb

29th Sep 04 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
Dom

29th Sep 04 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my maate used to work it sainburys and he was getting his wage + every nectar coupons he could nick + cheating the change to cash vouchers thingies im suprised he didnt get found out, but he pulled about 100 quid out of tills etc

so id say sainburys
AntCromb

29th Sep 04 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, theyll find you now well easy, they have secret camera's hidden in one till at every store every person they suspect does a shift on it. dont tell anyone that btw, its a BIG secret. i even know the number at our store. im so special.

AntCromb

29th Sep 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant wait till my placement year :] well excited about it now, going for a job at vauxhall, no chance of getting it but i can dream...
Dom

29th Sep 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lol, theyll find you now well easy, they have secret camera's hidden in one till at every store every person they suspect does a shift on it. dont tell anyone that btw, its a BIG secret. i even know the number at our store. im so special.

well he didnt look dodgy or anything, was well spoken etc etc thats probably how he got away with it
eitherway, he quit now like...but i do thank sainburys for buying me numerous rounds of alcohol
AntCromb

29th Sep 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, all fair in love and war ?
T1NK

29th Sep 04 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u have to do an induction day at sainsburys?

Thanks painz

im now edging towards epc, i have worked in a factory for a few years so sort of know the goings on, ive never done retail work b4 so all that will be new to me if i en up at sainsburys
Dom

29th Sep 04 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lol, all fair in love and war ?

tbh, they rarely noticed. He was telling me that they would say there like 200 quid down on the tills, but he was saying that he knew loads of other people were doing so it was probably like 800 quid mark. But he said, everyone was bloody relaxed at his branch...soo...And tbh, the MD of sainburys probably wipes his arse with 50 quid notes, so i doubt he would notice a few hundred quid going missing
AntCromb

29th Sep 04 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer, you get an induction evening normally. where they go "here's 12 pieces of paper, dont need to read them, just sign at the bottom"

then later on you read them...

"In event of death, derangement, serious injury or any other event meaning a loss of earning, sainsburys will pay for a wreath of flowers, and company directors will laugh at your expense for being so naive so as not to read the 'Signing of will and testament' over to mr.sainsburys. "**

then you get till trained, where you do meet their oh so grand back numbing chairs, no expense spared ! recycled from old trolleys....upside down with a bit of carpet on top.

**Slight exageration may have occured due to intense despisement of all sainsburys group 'PLC'

[Edited on 29-09-2004 by AntCromb]
AntCromb

29th Sep 04 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao, click

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=managing+director+sainsburys&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

second link with regards to managing director of sainsburys is fraud...

you know what

http://www.tgwu.org.uk/Templates/News.asp?NodeID=90914&int1stParentNodeID=89397&int2ndParentNodeID=89397&Action=Display

= NO GO SAINSBURYS
PainZ

29th Sep 04 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just go to epc

trust,

its amazin ;D
T1NK

29th Sep 04 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think im gonna steer clear of sainsburys, it sounds shite
AntCromb

29th Sep 04 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, shite would be something :] sainsburys is a non entity

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » slight problem .... painz may be able 2 help 23 database queries in 0.0153391 seconds