corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » led's behind heater pannel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author led's behind heater pannel
shano

User status: Offline
28th Sep 04 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all 3 have blown when i removed the front to spray it, when i finished i put it all back but as i said they have blown (or i fucked them up) are they the same bulbs and holders as the 1's in the mfd??
cheers
Rileysport

28th Sep 04 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No they're capless wedge base bulbs
Richie

28th Sep 04 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they are LED's have you tried putting them in the other way around......
Greasemonkey

28th Sep 04 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or ya aint plugged the connector into the back, im quite sure you havnt got led's in your Heater panel they will just be bulbs, LED's aint much good either, i carnt get an even light spread on mine i will post a pic hang on
Greasemonkey

28th Sep 04 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See pants!!!!
broster
Premium Member

28th Sep 04 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not looking to good, i have no lights on mine gunna get some coloured bulbs for mine from maplin
shano

28th Sep 04 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the little bulb holder out has 3 bulbs in it, easyier than i thought/told it would be, just need to get some bulbs now
impacter

28th Sep 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sell em in halfords, but cost like 2.50 each!
Richie

28th Sep 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monkey you have some leds with a shit angle there Ill take a pic of mine tomorrow for ya, they are
Greasemonkey

28th Sep 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ya wouldnt belive there is actually, 6 Leds behind the panel, 3 in the original place and 3 soldered in various places to try and spread the light, i need pics, what LED,s did ya use the slider control looks impossible to light up
Carr

2nd Oct 04 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine from the Vauxhall garage a day after getting some other parts and he just gave us three for free because he said it would actually cost them more to print the invoice than the bulbs were worth.
cobra148

3rd Oct 04 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greasemonkey, that looks like you only have one led lit, and another partially obscured. This is a heater panel with about 6 leds directly soldered to it..

I've got a plug and play direct replacement for the heater panel. The panel in the pic below is using just two leds..
broster
Premium Member

3rd Oct 04 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find the leds show up better in pics than they do in real life. also cobra i used ur leds in the heater controls, just two of them on a small bit of borad, and they kept shorting out and blowing fuses soon as they were tuned on, so now iv gone back to bulbs
cobra148

3rd Oct 04 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its difficult to take a decent pic of lights at night, especially blue light. They actually look better "in the flesh" than in pics.
If you had the leds on the circuit board that must have been some time ago. I used to get them from Germany and they were very expensive, I no longer use those.
Trust me, just 2 special plug and play leds in the heater panel will look like the pic above. In fact its Dave 17's dash with 2 of my leds in it.

New Poll