corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any 1 who work's for a large I.T Company???... or recruitment agency??? Any jobs Available??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any 1 who work's for a large I.T Company???... or recruitment agency??? Any jobs Available??
MarkW

User status: Offline
4th Oct 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, am out of a job and my money is running out faster than i thought it would

Owned my own company for the past 2years - IT Support - Businesses mainly - only left as my business partner was totally unreliable, skimmed money etc u get the picture..........

Basically want an IT Job - Service Engineer, Support, 1st Line / 2nd Line or field engineer travelling around hopefully fixing problems / maintenance / networking - troubleshooting - pretty much everything in I.T - not good on programming side but supporting software ain't a problem....

so if any 1 knows of any jobs going especially in the North West but maybe elsewhere then let me know....

C.V is available upon request.......

any help much appreciated smart sarcy comments are not, serious stuff need a job

[Edited on 04-10-2004 by purple5]
BigSte

4th Oct 04 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try some places like fish4jobs.co.uk and totaljobs.com (if ya haven't already)
Ally

4th Oct 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just in case anyone else reads this.

Richie (ICE mod) will be finishing his MCSE course soon, and will be looking for a job in that field in the South Wales area
SetH

User status: Online
4th Oct 04 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has he got any work experience Ally?
MarkW

4th Oct 04 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

already tried the jobs site's etc - just wondered if any1 knew of anything going on here.... had interviews just replys won't be for a few weeks - like i said getting tight on the old money front
Ally

4th Oct 04 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Has he got any work experience Ally?

with a company no, however he is fucking good at what he does, and has been building and maintaining machines for about 4 years now.

Id say the company that snaps him up are going to be very very lucky
SetH

4th Oct 04 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah im not disputing his technical ability, im sure hes cool at what he does. Just that there has been a flood of paper MCSE`s in the industry, A lot of people who are not necessarily good at IT go on these Intensive boot camp courses and come out with an MCSE. Then when they get the job they cant do it because the courses are designed for IT professionals who are already working in the field. Has he got much studying left? could always get work experience somewhere. Will help get his foot in the door of a decent company.
MarkW

4th Oct 04 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah im not disputing his technical ability, im sure hes cool at what he does. Just that there has been a flood of paper MCSE`s in the industry, A lot of people who are not necessarily good at IT go on these Intensive boot camp courses and come out with an MCSE. Then when they get the job they cant do it because the courses are designed for IT professionals who are already working in the field. Has he got much studying left? could always get work experience somewhere. Will help get his foot in the door of a decent company.

yeh agreed - once worked with a bloke who was mcse certified upto the eyeballs - tho couldn't build / repair a computer to save his life - nothing beats pratical experience and like Seth said Ally if he could get some work experience somewhere he would stand a really good chance of getting a top job
Ally

4th Oct 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few months left yet, and yes he is looking to go to a smaller company to build up his experience.

Yeh it annoys me that ppl do the courses and are complete shite at it.

Makes life harder for people like Richie, I know he'll end up in a top job because he is the best around, its just getting past the first few steps that are gunna be hard.

There arent that many MCSE's in S Wales, so hopefully that will work in his favour.

The company ive worked for have practically offered him a job, i just think he'd be better keeping his options open just in case

Dan B

4th Oct 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

purple5, you have u2u.
Ally

4th Oct 04 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
purple5, you have u2u.

Dan B

4th Oct 04 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
quote:
purple5, you have u2u.

Ally

4th Oct 04 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
purple5, you have u2u.

SetH

4th Oct 04 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A few months left yet, and yes he is looking to go to a smaller company to build up his experience.

Makes life harder for people like Richie, I know he'll end up in a top job because he is the best around, its just getting past the first few steps that are gunna be hard.

There arent that many MCSE's in S Wales, so hopefully that will work in his favour.

The company ive worked for have practically offered him a job, i just think he'd be better keeping his options open just in case

I wish him good luck, im sure he`ll do well, big money on the way, buy you a nice car for your bday
Ally

4th Oct 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive also heard that Pentium are recruiting as well from an inside source
Ally

4th Oct 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I wish him good luck, im sure he`ll do well, big money on the way, buy you a nice car for your bday

no Richie if ur readin id like a Black Shire horse, or a Welsh cob, at least 17hh
MarkW

4th Oct 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ive also heard that Pentium are recruiting as well from an inside source

intresting
MarkW

4th Oct 04 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
Nismo

4th Oct 04 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have 4 positions avalible in DSL engineering , but where based in somerset

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any 1 who work's for a large I.T Company???... or recruitment agency??? Any jobs Available?? 23 database queries in 0.0133362 seconds