corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » More training questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author More training questions
barry_kellett99

User status: Offline
4th Oct 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone ever taken creatine for reasons other than body building?

Would it improve running/football performance?
goldfish
Banned

4th Oct 04 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will improve your water retention
Andy Stocker

5th Oct 04 at 05:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to take it when I swam
barry_kellett99

5th Oct 04 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive heard it makes the cells retain water. Hmm, dont want to be a fat head. I just dont want to be as tired and wrecked after training
Siberia

5th Oct 04 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm strange... after your shower after training you should feel full of energy
barry_kellett99

5th Oct 04 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
hmmm strange... after your shower after training you should feel full of energy

I do
But when saturday comes im knackered.
Especially now ive been dropped to the bench, coming on trying to match the pace of the game is killing me.
Carl

5th Oct 04 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to use it but instead of taking it 3 times a day or whatever i just had it before exercise. As i read somewhere that when you take it and don't exercise it doesn't get used and comes out in your shit. Its abit too expensive to waste like that. Anyway i think it worked for me, seemed to be able to last longer on the football pitch and lift heavier weights at the gym.
barry_kellett99

5th Oct 04 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CrazyCarlo
i used to use it but instead of taking it 3 times a day or whatever i just had it before exercise. As i read somewhere that when you take it and don't exercise it doesn't get used and comes out in your shit. Its abit too expensive to waste like that. Anyway i think it worked for me, seemed to be able to last longer on the football pitch and lift heavier weights at the gym.

Why did you stop?
Andy Stocker

5th Oct 04 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't it allow the body to recover quicker after exercise?
Carl

5th Oct 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barry_kellett99
quote:
Originally posted by CrazyCarlo

Why did you stop?

I stopped because it costs too much.
Carl

5th Oct 04 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going back to your origional question, i started taking it after my best friend had used it for about a month. He played football for Mansfield town reserves/youths and it was the physio or coach that told him to have it there. At the time he was injured so he was going to the gym twice a day and working on his upper body and the results where quite impressive.
J da Silva

5th Oct 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use to use 1tea spoon of creatine powder in either orange juice, or other fruit juice, 4 times a day, it improved muscle healing time, which enables you to train a certain muscle more frequent.
Scandalous

5th Oct 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it, I play footy alot and I find it definately helps my muscles recover quicker...also ensuring you have a thorough warm up and warm down helps too!
goldfish
Banned

5th Oct 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it helps some people recover quicker when you take it with carbs however it's a low percentage around 30% or so. basuically it makes you retain water so it gives your muscles more mass
barry_kellett99

5th Oct 04 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck it
il not bother
SetH

User status: Online
6th Oct 04 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A substance in your muscle called ATP creates muscle contraction. Everyone ingests some creatine from meat that they consume, A substance called ADP binds with creatine molecules to become ATP. Hence if you supplement your creatine intake then you have more raw material to synthesise to ATP and produce muscle contraction.

if you perform several reps of a heavy exercise or sprint for a short distance you are using the ATP in your muscles. thus if you have the creatine in your system in theory you should be able to push a little harder, ie a couple more reps then you usually could manage, couple more seconds at sprinting before you are exhausted.

The whole ATP thing is just an intense short term energy production for muscle contraction. If you do endurance sports i dont think it would help.

Ive tried to describe this in laymans terms, so much in laymans terms that my explanation is bordering on being scientifically wrong but hopefully you`ll get the gist of it and understand creatine and its use.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » More training questions 23 database queries in 0.4352820 seconds