corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Half Life 2

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Half Life 2
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
8th Oct 04 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone actually know the release date? It must be soon because Steam pre-loading has completed now and lots of info about purchasing is available from Valve, like Bronze, Silver and Gold versions.

Bronze - $49.95
£28 Pounds
40.60 Euros
$63 Canadian Dollars
5,555 Japanesse Yen
1,460 Russian Rubles

Silver - $59.95
£34 Pounds
49 Euros
$75.50 Canadian Dollars
6,666 Japanesse Yen
1,752 Russian Rubles

Gold - $89.95
£50.50 Pounds
73 Euros
$113 Canadian Dollars
10,000 Japanesse Yen
2,630 Russian Rubles

1. "Bronze" -- $49.95
-- Half-Life 2*
-- Counter-Strike: Source
*(To be made available upon product's release.)

2. "Silver" -- $59.95
-- Half-Life 2*
-- Half-Life 1: Source*
-- Day of Defeat: Source*
-- Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam *(To be made available upon products' release.)

3. "Gold" -- $89.95
-- Half-Life 2*
-- Half-Life 1: Source*
-- Day of Defeat: Source*
-- Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
-- Complete Half-Life 2 Strategy Guide from Prima Games
-- 3 different Half-Life 2 posters
-- Half-Life Collector's box
-- Half-Life 2 hat
-- Half-Life 2 postcard
-- Half-Life 2 stickers
-- Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD
-- Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).
*(To be made available upon products' release.)

Just wanted to know when boxed versions hit the shops? Would rather own a hard copy than have to download the thing. Liking the idea of HL1 with Source engine DVD version has all the parts of Gold apparently. Will have to be a bloody big box
Cybermonkey

8th Oct 04 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

???
stubbsy05

8th Oct 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno, but just noticed your now in Australia. Why aren't you outside loving it up!!

Wats it like?
Greg_M

8th Oct 04 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its still TBC mate, it has been comming out for about a year and a half now, the story goes that someone stole a Beta version of it, but why this hasnt appeard on the 'black market' is beyond me.

they went back the drawing board to make it ' significantly different'. my guess is they realised it was poo, and started again. and cant make it good. i woult hold your breath may never appear
James_DT

8th Oct 04 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greg12v
its still TBC mate, it has been comming out for about a year and a half now, the story goes that someone stole a Beta version of it, but why this hasnt appeard on the 'black market' is beyond me.

Because it wasn't very playable. And in some middle eatern countries it did.
It's finshed now, because they've preloaded it on Steam and there's a review in PCG on the finished code, it's now upto VIvendi to release it after testing the RTM.
dave17

8th Oct 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

they went back the drawing board to make it ' significantly different'. my guess is they realised it was poo, and started again. and cant make it good. i woult hold your breath may never appear

the beta version was leaked, i downloaded it, but didnt install as was scared as to what itd do to my pc.
SetH

User status: Online
8th Oct 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is exactly what happened with the first half-life!! I remember working in Game at the time and we recieved all the promo stuff. the game came out a year later

worth the wait though, hope this one will be to.
sfxer

8th Oct 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

whatever
Sims

8th Oct 04 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it will be out in December for crimbo. Fingers crossed

The new Counter-Strike called CS: source which uses the HL2 engine has been released on steam i think for people who have purchased HL2 from steam or have a ATI game voucher.

I'm tempted to go pay for it on steam, but i want the box set cos i bought the original in the first week it was released. Man that was a long time ago

[Edited on 08-10-2004 by Sims]
Greg_M

8th Oct 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sfxer
quote:

whatever

stfu
Russ

8th Oct 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

lol greg.

i think we should make a new CS rule

if you know FUCK ALL (like greg here) about a given topic, just dont post.

genius am i..
Cybermonkey

8th Oct 04 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Are you on crack? This is going to be the biggest game ever released, Valve and Vivendi Universal are going to make millions upon millions from this game. Not releasing it would be commercial suicide. Theres no doubt its going to be released, i just wanted to know when its available, but apparently no one knows yet. Noticed that PCG and PC Zone have both reviewed the game and it got 98%!!!
Cybermonkey

8th Oct 04 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
this is exactly what happened with the first half-life!! I remember working in Game at the time and we recieved all the promo stuff. the game came out a year later

worth the wait though, hope this one will be to.

The first Half Life was the biggest sleeper of 1998. There was no build up hype to begin with.
Cybermonkey

8th Oct 04 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S
Dunno, but just noticed your now in Australia. Why aren't you outside loving it up!!

Wats it like?

Its raining a fair bit at the moment. Spring rains and when it rains, IT RAINS! Other than that, im a sad gimp who spends too much time on this bloody site
Dean_H

9th Oct 04 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got cs:s and its fucking quality. Couldnt be bothered to wait till end of november early december for the hard copy. Anyway im only after hl2 for the cs:s bit

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Half Life 2 23 database queries in 0.0391109 seconds