corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » trev4000

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author trev4000
trev4000

User status: Offline
13th Oct 04 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stalking? No. Making people realise that the internet is not as anonymous as you may well believe. Chris initially irritated me a long time ago so I endeavoured to learn all that I could about him. At 25 posts per day, it wasn't very hard or time consuming. So, I have wasted my time with a vendetta of sorts against somebody who annoyed me. Reprehensible and sad perhaps but at the time very satisfying. It was not however, the right thing to do. For that I apologise.
LukeGSi

13th Oct 04 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom

13th Oct 04 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a twat, fook off you gimp, as you will now get bum raped with sandpaper dry and twice in the face by your ISP's
Antz

13th Oct 04 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Antz

13th Oct 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So Trev, explain to us all how you deleted his garage?... after all it was you who was always saying you dd it.
Paul_J

13th Oct 04 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably has a trojan on chris's pc or something... sits there watching with a key logger, so has passwords / logins...

and then logs himself in and deletes his garage...
Dom

13th Oct 04 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or found a backdoor on CS, considering there have been a few spotted and there still are ways to get into the database etc
Antz

13th Oct 04 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had my self a trojan, AVG picked it up though and deleted it.
chris_uk
Premium Member

13th Oct 04 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a trojan... o know this for sure..

i cant acces my email address now..
Dom

14th Oct 04 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
its not a trojan... o know this for sure..

i cant acces my email address now..

they really dont like you do they time to change every password you can think of mate
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Oct 04 at 00:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
or found a backdoor on CS, considering there have been a few spotted and there still are ways to get into the database etc

Please do enlighten me?

We take security particuarly seriously. A username was compromised - the users email address password had been guessed by the third party who then reset the password, checked the mail and logged in. This is not a CS security issue.

[Edited on 14-10-2004 by Ian]
Dom

14th Oct 04 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan

Please do enlighten me?

We take security particuarly seriously. A username was compromised - the users email address password had been guessed by the third party who then reset the password, checked the mail and logged in. This is not a CS security issue.

[Edited on 14-10-2004 by Ian]

I was just saying there are always backdoors, not with the forum software, just general floors in server o/s, design etc etc. And that people found a few floors last year (i think it was then?) but you and tim cleared it up ASAP. But im sure some with alot of knowledge in this area, someone could find a way in. Its like anything though, nothing is impossible - depends how much cash and time you want to throw at it.

wasnt having a dig or anything, just stating the obvious but i take that it was just guess work that caused the 3rd person to get into chris's cs account?

eitherway, you have reported them to the 3rd persons ISP, so hopefully they will sort it out
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Oct 04 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its easy to change your email password if you know your account password..

i think your right m8.. .

time to change all paswords...

(but ill have to make them ALL the same or ill forget..
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Oct 04 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris - you worry me greatly. You've gone from one that is easy to guess to the same for everything. Next time you're using that to sign up to a forum where you don't trust the staff, think back to what I just said.

Dom - fair point.
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Oct 04 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im saying if i start changing passwords then ill forget..

i havent got an easy to guess password..

since its the generic password from the emails that get sent.. (now deleted Trev just incase you wanna have a look)
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Oct 04 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not the CS password, they're not easy to guess. It was your email password that Trev had.
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Oct 04 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no ian.. he changed my login password..a number of times.. how you think he could delete images from my garage....
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Oct 04 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He reset the password, and the mail got sent to your address which he then checked using your insecure mail password, he read the mail, got the CS password, logged in and changed the pass here.

Although he was able to log in the CS password system was not at fault! I have logs!

Note to anyone who thinks their CS account is secure - if your email, MSN password etc. is not then your account is not.

Note to anyone who wants to try this - our logs contain enough information to secure a convinction under Computer Misuse Act

[Edited on 16-10-2004 by Ian]
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Oct 04 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good.. ok ian i get what you mean now.

also... whats gunna happen to trev4000 then?
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Oct 04 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My deal usually is that if people come forward and explain how a problem came about then I don't really take things further.

There are exceptions though, and you're welcome to do something yourself as well, I'll endorse any action you want to take.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » trev4000 23 database queries in 0.2189789 seconds