corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Major i.c.e problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Major i.c.e problems
Matty L

User status: Offline
10th Nov 04 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last week i tried to hook up an infinity amp to infinity component crossovers, the result was not good..infact i got spark noises and smelt burning.Afder that my kenwood h/u started having problems, when switched on...it was fine for about 10 secounds then would completely cut out...only way getting the power back was to d/c the loom for a few secounds reconnect...usless though as the same happens.
The guys at wcr tested the unit on there on private loom, and it again cut off afder some time....so i was told the h/u it at fault...

great

So i get a straight exchange from halfords, a week has gone by and no problems....now its started again!....i d/c the blue remote wire and the rca form the back...still no luck....then i turn off ignition....on again and there are no problems...works fine
I was in a rush today coming out of town, but from the back of the car (where the amp is) i heard strange noises..like the amp was over working.I never had chance to check and this is when i d/c the remote wire.

Now i've been told its my wiring, but what does that mean? wire is wire isnt it? i have power coming from battery, remote going stright in h/u, rca's into h/u and earth connected...all wires are intact...nps.Maybe its bad cable....as i did buy it as a package...but i carnt see this being the case....rca looks good, carnt be the remote cable quality surly? its getting enough volts etc.
Dom

10th Nov 04 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like ive said before mate, its sounds like a short check your wiring, make sure you have decent cabling (like 4 gauge) and you have a clean ground connection. Make sure no strands of wire near connections and exposed (trim them back or re fit connectors etc), and also make sure your gains are not too high.

make sure you take a good couple of hours plus to search and buzz it all out on a multimeter.

if its still doing it then it could be a dodgy amp, your HU/amp is taking too much power or something is screwed with you loom
Matty L

10th Nov 04 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll try all of that tommorow mate, cheers

New Poll