corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » IMPORTANT! SCAM PLEASE READ!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author IMPORTANT! SCAM PLEASE READ!!
Redcorsa69

User status: Offline
11th Nov 04 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a scam going around, mainly on ebay and I'm sure a lot of you have heard of it before but this is what happens, it happened to me, but luckily I saw through it.

1. You advertise your car/bike on ebay. At the last minute someone puts in a winning bid, you think everything is fine.

2. You recieve an email from the buyer stating that some money is owed to them from a friend. £6000 in my case. They ask if they can send you a cheque for £6000, you wait for it to clear and then send the difference back to them. So in my case, my car was sold for £2500, so I was supposed to send £3500 to this guy. Then they come and pick the car up and ship it over to Spain.

3. This is the interesting part. About a month after everything has gone through the cheque you paid with is reported stolen, and £6000 is removed from your account. So your £6K AND a car down and theres nothing you can do because you cant trace a cheque.

I'd hate for anything like this to happen to any of you guys, so spread the word because people like this need to be stopped. In my case if I'd had £6000 removed from my account I would be in serious debt and probably lots of trouble with the bank!
_Allan_

11th Nov 04 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who fall for this are fucking dopes and deserve to be scammed. Who in their right mind is going to send you more money for a product then expect the change returned. Western Union services are often used.
3CorsaMeal

11th Nov 04 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
People who fall for this are fucking dopes and deserve to be scammed.

agreed, all u dozy idiots need to wear protection
Corsa E-Tec

11th Nov 04 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » IMPORTANT! SCAM PLEASE READ!! 23 database queries in 0.0107212 seconds