corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO anyone who has sound deadened their cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO anyone who has sound deadened their cars
Joff

User status: Offline
18th Nov 04 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Why Joff, do you have a sound install?

No. I have the standard CAR300 headunit and now have to find the radio code because the battery's been disconnected
ed

18th Nov 04 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't use flashing tape! It will wiegh your car down, smell funky and serves no purpose. Get proper Dynamat or Brownbread from http://www.caraudiodirect.com because they do good deals on the bulk packs
Joff

18th Nov 04 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, the smell is definately funky.. I spent a whole sunday heating it up with a hairdryer to peel it out of my boot before I fitted the Dynamat

I had black tar under my nails for days
Rocky

18th Nov 04 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the stuff like from b&q heard its ok like for 2 sheets want to do the boot out and dont want to spend riduclous amount of cash ???
AdiSRI

18th Nov 04 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have to second graffoixpress the ivanhoe isproper sound deadner and a lot cheaoper than dynamat...
Joff

18th Nov 04 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Rocky
whats the stuff like from b&q heard its ok like for 2 sheets want to do the boot out and dont want to spend riduclous amount of cash ???

Can you not read the posts earlier in this thread???

Aquaseal HiBand flashing tape aka "the stuff from b&q" is NOT SOUND DEADENING MATERIAL.
It doesn't do what people are buying it for (unless you're buying it to flash your roof, or whatever it's actually designed for) - so just buy three rolls from Graficxpress

The only problem with genuine dynamat and equivalents is that it's addictive
infinitycorsa

18th Nov 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just done- roof, boot floor, where the rear seats were... boot lid, where the plastics are in the boot,

ive still got to do, front doors and rear 1/4 pannels after i have found a black interior, as im gonna use expanding foam behind rear pannels.

p.s ive used 3 diff types of sound deading and i found the cheap stuff that i bought off ebay allot better than the dynamat which i bought......... i lined my roof with the cheaper stuff and i tell u what i get no viberation at all on the roof now......

Im reallly pleased
Joff

18th Nov 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But what would have happened if you lined your roof with Dynamat?

You can't compare two different panels and then measure the effectiveness of deadening materials by ear!
infinitycorsa

18th Nov 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very true...

i take it back, but those few who have allready heard the temp set up are quite impressed with what ive done....

your are right joff u would have to work out the absorbancy coeificient for the material....work out the reberation time of the car and bring the reverberation time down by using the most effective matieral for the job.............
Joff

18th Nov 04 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like ryvita?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO anyone who has sound deadened their cars 23 database queries in 0.0686970 seconds