corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just fitted new exhaust to the cooper s

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just fitted new exhaust to the cooper s
Marc

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 04 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it your referring to a 1.8T 150 and not a 2.0 16v 150.

Id expect a 60bhp increase on a 1.8T...
Dr Pepper

3rd Dec 04 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

I wouldnt
jr

3rd Dec 04 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.8t 150 bhp, there has been much talk by an ex employee of AMD who told the truth about them on audi sport, which then resulted in AMD wanting to take the bloke to court, having spoke to a few people in the know about the company i would never let my car near them
Dr Pepper

3rd Dec 04 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
1.8t 150 bhp, there has been much talk by an ex employee of AMD who told the truth about them on audi sport, which then resulted in AMD wanting to take the bloke to court, having spoke to a few people in the know about the company i would never let my car near them

Im not saying this ex employee is right or wrong about amd but you have to question his motives--- Was he sacked? Did he have something against his old boss? Amd must have been confident he was lying if they took him to court. Im not planning on having any work done by amd so it doesnt relly matter--- but they have a graet reputation with german car owners that i know--- their demo cars are pretty damn good as well.

I dont really know much about the quality of their work but i wouldnt judge them on the opinions of an ex employee-- im more interested by the opinions of their customers-- which have mainly been good from what ive read
Marc

3rd Dec 04 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

I wouldnt

Why not??? Most chips/remaps offer a 40bhp increase, i bet the exhaust would give around 10bhp due to the turbo. I reckon 200bhp is easily attainable.
Dr Pepper

3rd Dec 04 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would be extremely hopeful to make 60 brake from a chip and exhaust evn on a turbo imho. Not saying its impossible but i wouldnt be confident of that sort of gain.

Im only expecting around 35-45 increase with induction, chip, exhaust and reduced supercharger pulley
jr

3rd Dec 04 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Originally posted by jr

Im not saying this ex employee is right or wrong about amd but you have to question his motives--- Was he sacked? Did he have something against his old boss? Amd must have been confident he was lying if they took him to court. Im not planning on having any work done by amd so it doesnt relly matter--- but they have a graet reputation with german car owners that i know--- their demo cars are pretty damn good as well.

I dont really know much about the quality of their work but i wouldnt judge them on the opinions of an ex employee-- im more interested by the opinions of their customers-- which have mainly been good from what ive read

1 he left as he wanted to, not becasue he was sacked
2, they went to a legal procedding i belive, where he showed them all the remapps that he had ever done on his laptop, and what they actully put out, and what BHP AMD were telling them it was putting out
3: iver head that the AMD trial remapp that work for 3 hours or something run as a remapp, then after the 3 hours reset the ECU to less than standard power, fooling you into having the remapp as it was so much faster than you car is now
Dr Pepper

3rd Dec 04 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2, they went to a legal procedding i belive, where he showed them all the remapps that he had ever done on his laptop, and what they actully put out, and what BHP AMD were telling them it was putting out
3: iver head that the AMD trial remapp that work for 3 hours or something run as a remapp, then after the 3 hours reset the ECU to less than standard power, fooling you into having the remapp as it was so much faster than you car is now

So what happened in the legal case then--- did he win or did amd...they are still doing well so i guess amd won. Would be interested in the findings of the court case before i buy aqny thing else from them
jr

3rd Dec 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stua3turbo is the best person to ask as he know the guy well, and im sure AMD didnt win anything agasit him
Dr Pepper

3rd Dec 04 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

Why did this mechanic not leave as soon as they asked him to defraud customers. If he is telling the truth then he is just as guilty as everyone else at amd. I wouldnt employee a cock like him as a mechanic if hes telling the truth

[Edited on 03-12-2004 by Dr Pepper]
jr

3rd Dec 04 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i belive from chatting to the guy for a short time, it got worse from the time he was working there, until he felt shite for defrauding customers, bit harsh calling someone a cock for actully standing up for himself and trying to help customers
Dr Pepper

3rd Dec 04 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he knowingly defrauded a customer then he is a cock. I work in retail and if my boss asked me to knowingly screw over a customer i would hand him my notice and go straight tot he local paper. Especially if i had evidence that i thought would stand up in court.

This guy probably fitted the chips onto people like your mates car-- i would say that makes him a cock
Nath

3rd Dec 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks tops

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just fitted new exhaust to the cooper s 23 database queries in 0.0091920 seconds