corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » quick help needed (accounting or business people i think!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quick help needed (accounting or business people i think!)
Alex

User status: Offline
4th Jan 05 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does any1 do any business accounting work?

for my IT course we are pretending to set up a business and we have to do a financial plan, we have been told we can make up figures and stuff as long as they are roughly about what they would be.

based on 5 people working doing IT support for people how much do you think i should put down for the 1st 6 months per month that would show an increase that could be believed? we are talking here as though the business didnt just flop and there was some interest. so basicly i need 6 increasing believable figures

any help is good thanking you
Robbo

4th Jan 05 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well is this supposed 2 be a start up business?
Alex

4th Jan 05 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep! we have been told we will get a 20k loan from the bank to start up, but we just need a predicted income from work/sales, but we dont know how fast business should pick up!
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 05 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why don't you find out how much is it to rent somewhere, pick a monthly wage, then decide on a profit margin and work out how much work you need to do, then split the 20k in half, kit the shop out with one half and spend the rest on stock to do the jobs.

Not difficult if you know what your outgoings are.

Edit, or take £5k and put it away to cover first months salary if the jobs don't pay for a bit.

[Edited on 04-01-2005 by Ian]
Alex

4th Jan 05 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i have all the rent, salary and wage outgoings, i just dont know what an industry average increase kinda thing would be an incoming for the 1st few months, say we predicted £1000 for the 1st month, how much increase could we expect for the 2nd month etc
Robbo

4th Jan 05 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was gonna head down the profit margin route also... look at overheads, costs in area + start up costs
Robbo

4th Jan 05 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex
yeah i have all the rent, salary and wage outgoings, i just dont know what an industry average increase kinda thing would be an incoming for the 1st few months, say we predicted £1000 for the 1st month, how much increase could we expect for the 2nd month etc
Depends really... If you spent a grat deal on marketing and advertising u cud increase early sales, offer start up promos... etc OR go by word of mouth... less sales but also less costs
Alex

4th Jan 05 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are doing adverts for the 1st 3 months to start with, so if i put down £500 for 1st month, £900 2nd month, £1300 3rd month type increase, is that feasable?
Robbo

4th Jan 05 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah... hard to put a mark on it to be fair because there are far too many implicating factors to look at
Alex

4th Jan 05 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know i just didnt know at all what could be seen as acceptable or believable! thanks for help though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » quick help needed (accounting or business people i think!) 23 database queries in 0.1461351 seconds