corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » battery upgrade corsa c??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author battery upgrade corsa c??
hitman2k

User status: Offline
5th Jan 05 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi whats the highest powered batt u can put in it??? will possibly be running 5x screen 2x subs upfront componets n tweetors!

[Edited on 05-01-2005 by hitman2k]
ed

5th Jan 05 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the biggest one you can fit in the tray - measure up how much roon you got, get the batery from Halfords that will fit in the space and modify the battary tray to fit. Don't know the dimensions though...
hitman2k

5th Jan 05 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so anything that fits tray doesnt it matter on power etc??? thought you could only go up to a certian amount @ the moment i have the highest one recommened in?
ed

5th Jan 05 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So long as it is a 12 volt battery then it will work properly, you will also want to upgrade the alternator though if you go much bigger with the battery. In fact, upgradign the alternator and alternator wiring is the first logical step as you will more than likely to be running the engine while running the ice.
hitman2k

5th Jan 05 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep nice one m8

u fitted ur 2lite in urs yet??

getting my flakes redone(more added) at the moment!! only been a yr!! since i had em just before urs went to bodyshop still remeber lolol ur came out betta!

ed

5th Jan 05 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My engine is in the garage at the mo. Going on holiday for 3 months next week When I get back it's being re-built and fitted, once I have bought the new suspension and brakes
Also got to get rid of the rust and stuff on the underside of the car and underseal, paint the engine bay and have some repair work done to the arches... This is getting expensive

[Edited on 05-01-2005 by 1800ed]
hitman2k

5th Jan 05 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
My engine is in the garage at the mo. Going on holiday for 3 months next week When I get back it's being re-built and fitted, once I have bought the new suspension and brakes
Also got to get rid of the rust and stuff on the underside of the car and underseal, paint the engine bay and have some repair work done to the arches... This is getting expensive

[Edited on 05-01-2005 by 1800ed]

tell me about lol swap ur 18s for my 17s!!would look betta under my arch cars looking good like how u done 2x bucket seats in the back!! mine nearlly finished........should very soon!
ed

5th Jan 05 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made custom subframes for the seats and welded in some mounting brackets onto the boot floor...

17's look like little baby wheels to me now... They look kinda cute though . 18's are the way forward, until you try drive the car
hitman2k

5th Jan 05 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true want 18/19s for mine but dont wanna spend 1k+ on them when i havent finished all the car off yet all ready have 17s i get no problem with 17s wide arches and corsa c arches more room then the b!

Got my Ice to invest in (got most lil bits n bobs)
bucket seats (paid for a pair awating del)
leather retrim
n maybe lambo doors (if it goes threw)

then after that i'll see if i've anything left for the wheels lolol

ed

5th Jan 05 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My wheels were £400 and the tyres were £50 each

New Poll