corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » non-powersteering help 1.4 16V

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author non-powersteering help 1.4 16V
GLSi GUY

User status: Offline
6th Jan 05 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.4 16V eco tec, and have taken the powersteering off, as my car has electronic power steering. i now need a belt to drive the alternator. but is there a tensioner that i need??

cheers

Rob
Siberia

6th Jan 05 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe there is a version of the 1.4 16v without pas just use the brackets off that..... or do what i did on my c16xe and get a bracket made so the altenator becomes its own tensioner....
Rileysport

6th Jan 05 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need the assembly off an early 16v SRi, got one at home somewhere, mite also be able to nick one of a higher spec 8v model but i cant remember which one
GLSi GUY

6th Jan 05 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are no 1.4 16v's in any of the scrappys that i live near. as the engines go as soon as they come in. i might to to the local vauxhall dealers and see what the part is (even tho they know fuck all, lol), and i can get a discount cos i used to work there. but i'm guessin its still gonna be expensive.
GLSi GUY

6th Jan 05 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted it. i got the belt, so i just need an adjustable alternator mount off a nova. off to scrappys tomorrow

New Poll