corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » advice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author advice needed
stuarty

User status: Offline
11th Jan 05 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of a story this one guys

when my car got wrote off I couldnt scrap it straight away as I wanted to retain my private plate. So thats all been done now and I have the retention certificate for it.Problem I now have is the DVLA have said they wont be sending me a V5 back with the L reg plate on it untill I have undergone a vechile identity check with VOSA.

She said I would have to call them and arrange for someone to come out to inspect the vechile. Problem I have is I dont have the car anymore,guy from the honda garage took it away to strip the engine and then intends to crush it at Muirs in kdy.

Now I said to the woman at the dvla a want to scrap my car now not fanny about doing checks, and she says well you can do it without a dvla just gotta find a scrappy that wont need docs before hand.

So my car has already been declared as SORN to the dvla,will a get crapped on if this guy crushes the car without a v5 form? and how can a settle this so a never have to hear about the car again?

thanks guys a really need some help on this one
Martin_C

11th Jan 05 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

um...good luck

seriously tho,

your saying u need to keep the car in one piece, which u dont have, before u can get the v5, as some wee guy needs to look over the car first to prove that it is that car, then the v5 can be sent and the car crushed?
stuarty

11th Jan 05 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u got it martin,but the dvla are giving me mixed msgs,cos the bird from dvla said scrap it if u can find sumwhere dodgy enough to do it!!!
Martin_C

11th Jan 05 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but if u have the retention certificate surely thats all u need? that means the plate isnt anything to do with the car no more.

so the plates safe, u just worried ur gonna get done for something?

just wondering why u need the v5.
craigpcg

11th Jan 05 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuarty
u got it martin,but the dvla are giving me mixed msgs,cos the bird from dvla said scrap it if u can find sumwhere dodgy enough to do it!!!

i no sum1 that can dodgelly scrap it
stuarty

11th Jan 05 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah a know the plates all sorted mate,its just the fact i have no legal doc that says i still own the corsa!!! They aint gonna issue the corsa v5 with l640 ??? untill ave done this test. Without the v5 i cant take the bit you tear off to declare it as scrap

am more concerned that i scrap this car and then have to reapply for SORN on a car every year i dont own
Martin_C

11th Jan 05 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but u dont own the corsa?!?!

you'll just need to track down the car and hope its not crushed, either that or phone them up and plead your case with the dvla, surely the place that crushes will keep a record of it being crushed?

stuarty

11th Jan 05 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite a do still own the corsa tho,guy from honda has the car the now as i dont havae anywhere to store it,he is stripping the engine out and is then crushing it.

Just need to find out what happens if the car gets crushes without having a v5 at the moment. If need be ill just have to arrange for this assessment to take place,just means more time and hassle trying to get rid of the car.
craigpcg

11th Jan 05 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y dont u get the guy at honda to say to the dvla that honda now own the car and honda now wants to scrap it??
Martin_C

11th Jan 05 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just go ask the guy then, cant be that much hassle lol
stuarty

11th Jan 05 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craigpcg
y dont u get the guy at honda to say to the dvla that honda now own the car and honda now wants to scrap it??

because the guy works for honda but the car is stored at his house,he does stock cars or sum crap like that and was ripping the engine out.

i have spoke to him today and he intends to scrap it without any documentation,all a need to know is will a be up shit creek if a let him do it?
craigpcg

11th Jan 05 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was it an insurance write off??
stuarty

11th Jan 05 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it was
craigpcg

11th Jan 05 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it should be scrapped then and dvla should no that. so id say it would be ok

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » advice needed 24 database queries in 0.0133822 seconds