corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Golf 1.8T MK4

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Golf 1.8T MK4
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Jan 05 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by StuartA3Turbo
can get to about 340bhp withoyut having too much concerns on the internals, any more and you are wanting to upgrade the pistons and rods. As said common problems are MAF sensors, Stepper motors in the throttle body, coilpacks. Induction kits on the VAG engines can cause problems, oiled filters in particular and most people tend to go for unoiled filters/induction kits to try and prevent an MAF failure. They are about 80 quid on an exchange basis now. Best company to use for remaps is jabbasport, ive now seen AMD mentioned a few times and that is one company id seriously recommend avoiding. Every day i seem to hear more bad things about them and they constantly messed me about when i phoned them for advice ages ago. If you get the newer 1.8T engine with VVT then a remap alone can bring these up to 210-220bhp but the K03 isnt suitable for over 230bhp so any more is wanted its a turbo upgrade wich isnt all that cheap. Best turbo upgrade available is the IHI from jabba, or there is the option of a GT28RS from impossible performance which is good for 400bhp but there are bigger ones available that can give you 500bhp+

later golfs and leons have the KO3s which with VVT can give 230hp

Isn't that what Stu said?
vibrio
Banned

10th Jan 05 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kind of. both the gold, A3 and leon produce different powers depending on the year. leons would usually make more than the A3 or golf in the early years making around 215 compared to 200ish with the A3 or golf later models using DBW and VVT would make around 230hpish. I think only the seat ibiza and some very early leons and golfs got the KO3 with the later leons and golfs and A3's getting the KO3s which had the KO4 compressor (bigger by 5mm) KO4 has both bigger compressor and exhaust wheels (+5mm)
TRL

10th Jan 05 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

KO3S was fitted from Y/2001 ish onwards. Easy to tell, the engine has 'AUM' stamped on it over on the driver's side.

Tony
StuartVRS

10th Jan 05 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah have seen some results from VVT cars with the slightly bigger K03 that have been touching 230bhp but most commonly ends up about 220bhp. GT28RS tbh john isnt a good turbo for VAG cars, bloke that builds the damn turbos told me this and advised me against installing it, as he didnt think there was enough of a difference to warrant paying the extra for it. He recommended a standard T28 or even a T35 i think he said but your getting to the point of stupid lag and undriveable day to day. IHI is the way to go now i think
StuartVRS

10th Jan 05 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, it isnt called a K03S, a bloke from audi sport contacted the makers of the turbo and they had never heard of a K03s, they still call it a K03.
TRL

11th Jan 05 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They might call it the same name, but it has a different part number. Agree with Stuart: if you are going to replace the turbo on these engines, IHI is the way to go. Well over 300bhp is then possible, still on standard bottom end.
It does need lots of additional expense on things like a proper intercooler though!

Tony
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

11th Jan 05 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TRL
They might call it the same name, but it has a different part number. Agree with Stuart: if you are going to replace the turbo on these engines, IHI is the way to go. Well over 300bhp is then possible, still on standard bottom end.
It does need lots of additional expense on things like a proper intercooler though!

Tony

I would agree with that the standard IC is the size of a shoe box LOL

[Edited on 11-01-2005 by CorsaSRi16v]
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

11th Jan 05 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This what I mean:

Look at the size of the rad compared to the IC
TRL

11th Jan 05 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hee hee,
I knew the IC was that small, but had no idea the radiator was that big! And there's another behind it!

Tony
Mikorsa16v

11th Jan 05 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats for the AC, am i right?
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

11th Jan 05 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mikorsa16v
thats for the AC, am i right?

No that's not for the Air Con.

It's the Inter Cooler for the Turbo
TRL

11th Jan 05 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mikorsa,

If you mean the 2nd radiator is for the AC, then yep. The same on my Corsa.

Tony

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Golf 1.8T MK4 23 database queries in 0.0129120 seconds