corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » satnav & speed camera's. tomtom/pda's? help/advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author satnav & speed camera's. tomtom/pda's? help/advice
kingkazi

User status: Offline
12th Jan 05 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need some sort of satnav thingy and a speedcamera detector would be useful too.
just wondering what the best option, i was going to get roadangel but then i needed a seperate tomtom and it would work out far too expensive and not really worth it.
will i be able to purchase a pda and get software for satnav on that? and will i be able to get some sort of speed camera detector on the pda as well? if so how does this work? where the detector etc?

otherwise can the tomtom's hav speed camera detector in them or are they just simply a satnav machine?

im confused and need this clarifying! any help/advice appreciated!!
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 05 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

goto http://www/pocketgps.co.uk to get free speed cam database
kingkazi

12th Jan 05 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thnx steve, by downloading that, if i had it on a pda id be able to have satnav so both uses.
does that speed cam database only work for fixed cameras? only speed cameras or redlight ones as well?
kingkazi

12th Jan 05 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh it does the redlight ones and stuff!! just read it!
Shane

12th Jan 05 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could i buy an 02 xda and put the software on that?
Claire

12th Jan 05 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get a nokia 6600/7610

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/viewprod.php?product_id=2589&max_cat_id=73&vt=list&PHPSESSID=816491e3719d451429a3112977205974
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 05 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but phone gps is shite, u cant put overlays on and you have to pay to have it per minute, and u dont get voice instructions speed etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » satnav & speed camera's. tomtom/pda's? help/advice 23 database queries in 0.0075309 seconds