corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Strange things going on!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Strange things going on!
mwg

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 05 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ever since I put my little ICE that I have got into my new Corsa I have noticed its not as loud! Ive got a Pioneer CD/Mp3 heaunit, Alpine 10" DVC sub and Alpine Mono Amp, 6x9s and standard front speakers - not what I ideally want but will do for now. Anyway i was playing around with the headunit settings last night and was fiddling with the balance.... I noticed when I put the balance to the right the sub goes off and obviously just one 6x9 works. If I fade it to the left or have it set at neutral then the sub works! Then I turned the sub off on the headunit control and just had 6x9s on messing about. If I have the balance set to neutral they sound very tinny, no bass to them, but if I balance it left or right and only have one of them working the bass suddenly starts working on them!!! I havent looked at any of the wiring yet but I really dont understand what is going on as when I had this system in my last Corsa it all worked fine. The only change I have made is the Pioneer headunit instead of a Sony motorised one! WTF is going on as I am 99% sure the wiring is ok!
Blue

3rd Feb 05 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speakers are out of phase imo.

Flip the positive and negative over - should sound bassy when you fade left and right like normal.
Blue

3rd Feb 05 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually reading that essay again Im not so sure thats the problem?

It hurts my head to read that much text at the mo.

I'll think about it a bit.
mwg

3rd Feb 05 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Blue
Speakers are out of phase imo.

Flip the positive and negative over - should sound bassy when you fade left and right like normal.

Suppose I could try doing that as it would only take me 5mins to do when I get home tonight! Any other ideas are welcome!
mwg

3rd Feb 05 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is a bit of an essay isnt it!
mwg

8th Feb 05 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried swapping the positive and negative around but it sounded even worse! Also when I fade to the right (think its the right) the sub goes off aswell! Whats going on Faulty headunit? cos the wiring for the 6x9s and the sub is completely separate!
mwg

8th Feb 05 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Richie

8th Feb 05 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mono amps only use the left channel for the subs signal.
mwg

8th Feb 05 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that explains that bit then! I need to seriously sort out some front components and an amp to power them cos 6x9s arent the best sounding speakers I know!

[Edited on 08-02-2005 by corsa_boy69]

New Poll