corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » update on the smashed carbon bonnet and dent in roof

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author update on the smashed carbon bonnet and dent in roof
FINCH WXM

User status: Offline
27th Feb 05 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spoke to the bodyshop today, they are going to have alook at fixixng the bonnet, ive just took the roof lining of and the dent is where the metal is double layered. Anyone know how they will do this?
Colin

27th Feb 05 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably push it out best they can then filler it level.......I would have thought.

Best of luck to you anyway - hope it all gets put right
Fear

27th Feb 05 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bodyshop have a special toolwhich they can use to pull dents out from the side its dented!

They put a special rod/stick type thing on a tool and they put that on the dent and it welds itself to the metal then its got a handle which you pull backwards in a pump action type style and this pulls the dent out and then the rod breaks free!

It does solve the problem as you cant pull the entire thing out as it would take ages and would be impossible but it pulls it out enough so the filler work is reduced dramatically!

Sorry for poor explanation!
RichR
Premium Member

27th Feb 05 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the bodyshops not experienced with laminating woven roving fibreglass or carbon matting - I wouldnt let them touch it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » update on the smashed carbon bonnet and dent in roof 23 database queries in 0.0102942 seconds