corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to wire rear speakers...is there already a cable run, even though there are no speakers installe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to wire rear speakers...is there already a cable run, even though there are no speakers installe
lewie

User status: Offline
7th Mar 05 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just fitted a head unit to my Corsa, all is good apart from I have no sound from the rear speakers?

Can someone tell me how to check if it's a problem upfront or actually at the speakers?

Cheers again

[Edited on 07-03-2005 by lewie]

[Edited on 09-03-2005 by lewie]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Mar 05 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a Corsa C or B?

Are all the cables you unplugged from the old head unit plugged into the new one? are there any wires left dangling about?

Have you played around with the FADER/BALANCE settings on your head unit?

Setting the FADER to all up front would make no music come out of the back speakers.
lewie

7th Mar 05 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah have tried the fader.

Corsa B.

Only wires dangling are the dimmer, phone etc. The speakers are 'hard wired' in an iso connector are they not?
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Mar 05 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were your rears definately working before your new headunit? Some arent plugged in for some reason, some dont even come with speakers at all.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
lewie

7th Mar 05 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never had a chance to try before as the old unit wanted a code. The shelf things have slats in but I can't find a way to get underneath (I haven't tried very hard).

Anyone know if they have rear speakers as std?
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Mar 05 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a small panel on your boot trim, take that off and stick your hand up.
chances are your speakers arent plugged in, your wires will be taped p somewhere in the loom for the tail lights

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
lewie

9th Mar 05 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK I have found out I don't have any rear speakers.

How do I go about running a cable to wire some up, or will there be one already run?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Mar 05 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have any rear speakers. Think there's something the the rear light's loom. But I'm going to run new wires. . Not looking forward to that. Gotta fix my fucking Ariel lead first.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll