corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Back pressure?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Back pressure?
Patrick

User status: Offline
18th Mar 05 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know what to look out for or any other way of finding out whether my car is loosing power through back pressure?

I've got a custom made exhaust with a 3.5" pipe either side of the car, I'm pretty sure all the extra piping and bends etc are causing extra back pressure and I'm loosing power.

Any help appreciated. It's a turbo if that makes any difference.
carnoisseurcraig

18th Mar 05 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the bore of the system.. is it 2" or 2.25" i cant imagine just because you put an extra box on the back ur losing power... most likely the company took out your middle box to accomodate the second box if ya know what i mean.
broster
Premium Member

18th Mar 05 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with a turbo car youve possibly created more back pressure with the extra bends in it hence its preforming worse
Patrick

18th Mar 05 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's a 2.5" bore? Or whatever powerflow use these days?

It's got a centre box (I asked them to add this to keep the noise down) and one rear box which has two exits, one bends immediately and goes under the bumper towards the other side.
carnoisseurcraig

18th Mar 05 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it depends on the powerflow fitter. i would imagine he used 2.5" but due to the increased bends it may effect back pressure but i cant see it effecting the performance a great deal that you would notice it. due to the bigger bore the exhaust gasses have more room to flow, even with the bends... ok, powerflowe aintg ideal as they cannot mandrel bend but it shouldnt have big impact on ur performance... have you had it rolling roaded since uve had the system fitted.

New Poll