corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Modifying an Airbox to have a Cold Feed pipe?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Modifying an Airbox to have a Cold Feed pipe?
PK1
Banned

User status: Offline
   27th Mar 05 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have heard that it is possible to modify an airbox with a standard filter to have a second pipe going into it which comes straight from the grill for increased cold air flow, is this correct?

can anyone talk me through how to do this?

i dont want to get either an induction kit or panel filter, i am just keeping the standard one and am wanting to put a new pipe in

thanks in advance!
Graham

28th Mar 05 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well mate there is two ways,
the way i did mine was to run a ducting hose from halfords from the lower grill to the holes i drilled on the left side of the box. also i think it was robhayes he had a huge and i mean huge piping right from the arch or something running up and underneath the air box
hopethis helps
Carr

28th Mar 05 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above. you might want to use a panel filter aswell to not restrict the extra air you're letting through as i don't think this counts as a performance mod like an induction kit so shouldnt put your insurance up
RobHayes

28th Mar 05 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham
well mate there is two ways,
the way i did mine was to run a ducting hose from halfords from the lower grill to the holes i drilled on the left side of the box. also i think it was robhayes he had a huge and i mean huge piping right from the arch or something running up and underneath the air box
hopethis helps

i had a 4" ducting pipe coming up the front wheel arch and into a hole in the bottom of the airbox
PK1
Banned

28th Mar 05 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate I 'U2U'd' earlier about that...how did you get a 4" hole in the airbox, was it lots of little ones or one huge on and how did you connect it to the box and to the arch

also where did you get ducting pipe from, is it the same sort of stuff that goes from the airbox into the engine?

cheers
PK1
Banned

28th Mar 05 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it affect fuel consumption? this is why i do not want to change the original filter incase it drinks more fuel than ever

cheers

New Poll