corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine fell out today...u know...the sort of thing tht happens everyday

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine fell out today...u know...the sort of thing tht happens everyday
Matty L

User status: Offline
   6th Apr 05 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I felt the gearbox sway back and forth as i changed from 2nd into third then over a speed hump i heard a loud noise and the gears jammed.Was right in middle of road, couldent move the car at all not even roll it...was funny when people where asking wot had happened and i told em my engine had dropped out..most started laughin
My and a mate managed to hold the engine up with a piece of old metal, temp job just to get the car home...jammed it under the starter motor and airbox mount holes.Did the job for 2 mins then kept slipping out.
There where only 2 bolts holding the front bracket onto the engine...theres ment to be 3...but tht had snapped off leaving the bolt inside the engine whilst changing the brakcets afder a crash i had.I carnt understand how them two bolts have come to both sheer off? maybe one has gone before the other? but im now left with 3 holes all with sheered off bolts in them (engine side)
How do i get them bolts out?
and would i need to take the engine out?
and wot price would i be looking at for a garage to drill the bolts out?

thank you
Adam-D

6th Apr 05 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id change all mounts no and replace the linkage if its bent

garage prob charge about £100 to fix it not including parts cost
Matty L

6th Apr 05 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate

its not the mounts thts the problem though, its already had secound hand front engine mount....all i need is them 3 bolts removing from the engine? get 3 more off another scrap corsa...and bobs my antie?
Matty L

6th Apr 05 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
Adam-D

7th Apr 05 at 06:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id use new bolts
bout £5 for a set iirc

is there any left on the bolt sticking out? try and undo them

if not the a stud extractor will do
buy a set and follow the instructions on it
Siberia

7th Apr 05 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly--->

em... it gonna be difficult to do the job with the engin in the car... maybe take the rad out fisrt then see if you can get a drill in.... then use a small drill bit and then a bolt remover....

New Poll