corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine transplant guys... carriage..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine transplant guys... carriage..
GIBBS

User status: Offline
31st May 05 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need to get a engine delivered to me from somewhere about 3 hours away, what do you guys who get all your engines pay for getting an engine sent? and who do you use? does it need to be all packaged etc.. or will the delivery guys deal with that?
all help appreciated

cheers

Matt
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

31st May 05 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parcel2go.com

needs to be packaged up, ready to send.
Rupean

31st May 05 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parcel Line cost me £65 to get an engine delivered.
GIBBS

31st May 05 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah so just normal couriors then? how much roughly does one of your 2.0 / 1.6 engines weigh?
antscorsa

31st May 05 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gibbs wots ur thought on a civic 1.4 engine thats done 100k. has it got much life left init
Andy

31st May 05 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. Most of the courier companies weren't interested unlessI had an account. The ones that were wanted upwards of £80 each way and that was just for block. Your looking at around 70+kilos in weight - you'd need to get the engine on a pallet and secured properly.

In the end I just chucked my old engine in the boot and drove it down to Stoke - by far the easiest option

[Edited on 31-05-2005 by Andy]
GIBBS

31st May 05 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
gibbs wots ur thought on a civic 1.4 engine thats done 100k. has it got much life left init

if it's been looked after then yea plenty.

Matt
GIBBS

31st May 05 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. Most of the courier companies weren't interested unlessI had an account. The ones that were wanted upwards of £80 each way and that was just for block. Your looking at around 70+kilos in weight - you'd need to get the engine on a pallet and secured properly.

In the end I just chucked my old engine in the boot and drove it down to Stoke - by far the easiest option

[Edited on 31-05-2005 by Andy]

yea seeming it will actually be cheaper just to get the work van and go and collect the thing myself! will only cost around 30-40 in fuel just alot of driving and i can't be assed!
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

31st May 05 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pegasus in Aberdeen

01224 890999
nickyboy01

31st May 05 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Palletforce.Palletline, get it strapped to a pallet and pjone ya local agent. Usually costs £50-£60 Most coureirs wont take em because they're too heavy.Best part of 100kg

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine transplant guys... carriage.. 23 database queries in 0.0124269 seconds