corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Advice Needed Please- Ratling middle silencer! *UPDATE*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice Needed Please- Ratling middle silencer! *UPDATE*
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
   12th Apr 04 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a year ago the middle silencer started to rattle! its a scorpion grp A cat back exhaust system, got it just over 2 years ago online from Regal Motorsport and fitted myself...

contacted main Scorpion dealer in Derbyshire, they said "the internal of the silencer could be broken causing the sound dampening material to evacuate, but until we get the silencer back can't be certain. This does happen occasionaly. Providing the part has not been damaged by incorrect use then it is fully covered for repair or replacement under the guarantee"

the thing is, it has had a few minor knocks over bumps in past and has a few sctratches also, but the actual rattling just started out of no were one day!

you reckon they will cover it under the guarantee??
if not how much you reckon Scorpion will charge for a replacement/repair??

[Edited on 17-06-2005 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
Red_SXi

12th Apr 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you get it from?

Lots of exhaust warranties exclude certain things, if a baffle plate has become loose it MIGHT not be covered. I know they don't cover rusting/fallen off hanger legs
Red_SXi

12th Apr 04 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd contact who u bought it from. They should contact their supplier for you. I'm not saying baffle plates aren't covered under warranty, i'm just advising that exhaust warranty isn't full proof
Gaz Compassion

8th Jun 05 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure, mine rasps like hell at 2500 revs, but ive got a straight through pipe so that may be why, its really annoying tho, seems to go after about 30 mins of driving.

gaz

[Edited on 08-06-2005 by Gaz Compassion]
MoNkEy MaGiC

17th Jun 05 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update

TTT

New Poll