corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MR2 Roadster

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MR2 Roadster
Carl

User status: Offline
16th Jun 05 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sport16v
quote:
Originally posted by CrazyCarlo
Found this on a forum too, sounds like the guy know what he is on about

"
The Mk3 in standard form is a cracker. Its light (980kg) and its very-very nimble. Its basically a bargain of a sportscar...

It puts out 140bhp/tonne as standard, which is more than enough to see it well past any other version of the MR2 bar the Mk2 turbo. Mk1's and Mk2 NA's are easy prey, (You guys must have seen the Mk1 vs. Mk3 drag race on Top Gear? and lets face it, Mk2 NA's are positively pedestrian) and when it comes to the twisty bits, it'll need a seriously sorted Mk2 to keep up.

Compared against the Elise, well clearly its not as raw, or as driver biased, but its pretty close. With the added bonus of being nearly HALF the price of an elise. Plus you get the cheapest ownership experience I've ever known, almost total reliability, a roof that shows more expensive cars the way in simplicity and effectivness, and no leaks...

And thats just the stock car. The simple fitment of a unichip will add a whole heap of torque and take you to 160bhp/tonne, add Toyota's sportivo suspension kit and a set of sticky tyres and you'll be pulling more lateral G's that you can shake a stick at.

If raw power is your thing then theres an officially sanctioned Toyota TTE turbo kit coming out later this year, which will take the little roadster up into the realms of 200hp/tonne. Not bad for what you guys think is a gay car eh? Especially when you consider it'll be warrantied too... Think of it, you can have a totally sorted 200hp MR2, a second car, and still have change for a round of beers from themoney you'd have spent on a new Elise...

If you prefer frantic revs then the 2ZZ celica/corrolla engine can be swapped in. Its been done, and its not as hard as you'd think either. I've been involved in such a swap recently and I'm amazed at how relatively simple it is.

So, Hairdressers/girls/puffs car eh? Not on on your life... If you want proof of the pudding, check this out...

(IMG:http://mph.florentis.com/mr2/stock-unichip-turbo.png)"

Am I reading right in saying that guy is claiming the Mk3 is faster than the Mk2 Turbo's???

no, your reading wrong.
MarkM

16th Jun 05 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"It puts out 140bhp/tonne as standard, which is more than enough to see it well past any other version of the MR2 bar the Mk2 turbo."

Yeah ignore my ignorance

[Edited on 16-06-2005 by sport16v]
Phil321

16th Jun 05 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant fun. Great chassis just perfect for throwing round corners. Remind me of my Cooper a little (though not as good ) - not fast but still great fun and more enjoyable than a lot of faster/more expensive cars.

If you can, get her a Cooper/Cooper S cab!
TNM

16th Jun 05 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
TNM im fucking getting one. watch this space

cant decide, black, red or that deep metallic blue colour.

my transition to gayness will be complete. i will drive around in it wearing one of my tight vests.

We can go dogging in it

Got to get mine fixed soon

Need to hire a trailer and sort out some time with the guy for a diagnostic check and a run on the rollers if it goes!
Carl

16th Jun 05 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno how reliable this is but

"Well here we go - generally when the performance of the MK3 being spoken about i take this G-Tech Reading out. The only mods on the car were the TTE (dealer option) Exhaust and an Apexi Air Filter:

TNM

17th Jun 05 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still thinking about it seth?

Getting mine booked in to get it to work at some point soon
Skinz

17th Jun 05 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CrazyCarlo
dunno how reliable this is but

"Well here we go - generally when the performance of the MK3 being spoken about i take this G-Tech Reading out. The only mods on the car were the TTE (dealer option) Exhaust and an Apexi Air Filter:

no way will it be running 14.2 standing 1/4 that thing is dodgy
Melville

17th Jun 05 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the insurance groups for them?
SetH

17th Jun 05 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TNM, yeah defo its top of the shortlist now. cant afford to stretch to a vx220 or s2000 Think its got to be the best sub 10k convertible?

Will probably slam it, bigger rims and a decent zorst system and leave it at that.
TNM

17th Jun 05 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VVTi sounds nice will a better exhaust!

Edit: Fensport do the magnex exhaust which sounds nice but the Blitz one sounds fucking awsome!!!!

[Edited on 17-06-2005 by TNM]
SetH

17th Jun 05 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah was looking at blitz and TRD one, although i expect the TRD is probably quiet?

M8 where exactly are fensport?
TNM

17th Jun 05 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think the TRD one is a bit on the steep side! looking at almost 1k for the whole system!

Think they are in cambridgeshire some where! Only ever orderd over the phone.

Tend to know what the are talking about as well if you ask them about some thing you are unsure of.
TNM

17th Jun 05 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh!

Chatteris is situated 25 miles north of Cambridge, 12 miles east of Huntingdon, just off the A141.

[Edited on 17-06-2005 by TNM]
TNM

17th Jun 05 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WHOOOOOOO! Mine is booked in friday next wek!
DAYZEE

17th Jun 05 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mk3's are nice but aswell as the turbo it probably won't keep up with a Rev3+ NA and it definately won't stick with a Rev5 BEAMS 200BHP job.
But they are often underestimated, they may not be blistering in a straight line but you'll need a serious car to stick with one point to point.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MR2 Roadster 23 database queries in 0.0134878 seconds